So over the last month or two, i have been going over the car and "fixing" the small detail stuff that needs doing. Things like some minor dings in the body work, re doing some welds, and started the repair work on the jack points that were quite damaged by rust as well as having the donor engine looked over and all looks good for engine transplant over Christmas. Not many photos yet, as its not very interesting. Getting the car ready for the engine swap will be a good mile stone and then look at paint early next year, but will hold off on spaying the deck tray until the below has been addressed.
A certifier has been out and was pretty hard case. He refused to acknowledge anything the previous certifier had inspected and requested i open the tray panels up for investigation. I have been in touch with the LVVTA and another certifier to work around this, so will see how that goes. Understandably he is putting his name on the build as a sign off, but its a good case of how different every inspector is. LVVTA suggested i engage another certifier as the regulations are around safety ad impact to the driver / passenger cabin and since i have not made any adjustments or modifications to the front cabin, that should be taken into consideration etc etc - Not really sure how that all pans out
In other news, I have just purchased the below - yes, its the same plate as the one in Aussie, but i dont care and it suits the car quite well. I did put a space between the M and the U 🙂