Looking to sell this on as a project for someone. I have more than enough to do with significant renovations, my new car, a 3 month old and limited driveway space. Getting tired of shuffling cars around to let one out.
Located at Hill Park Manurewa
Much more photos to come.
- Car has a VTNZ WOF new today 15.02.19
- 149,000km, auto, motorsport options from factory but not bumpers, i.e diff, steering wheel and suspension before replacement
- 5W30 castrol edge changed ever 7000km and always run on 98.
- major suspension refresh at 135,000 all lemfoerder stuff, all new arms front and rear, new tie rods, new rear balljoints, new sway links front and rear
- also at about 135k fortune auto 500 series coilovers with front swift spring upgrade, bearing upgrade and camber plates. LVV certified
- tons of parts changed in the last 35,000 including PCV, throttle body gaskets, valve cover gaskets, fuel filter, timing chain tensioner, spark plugs, and more that I no doubt forgot.
- windscreen cowl just changed, these are falling apart on most e39’s
- discs and pads replaced 12,000km ago with Hawk HPS pads. Front caliper seals rebuilt, will provide rear rebuild kits with car for preventative maintenance.
- 15,000km ago intake manifold swapped for the early m60 one with intake trumpets for extra top end HP, new gasket.
- expansion tank and associated hoses done in 2008
- new Bosch calcium battery in 2017
- schnitzer replicas with pilot sport 2 tires, approx 3mm tread
- ABS computer rebuilt in 2015
- rear scuba tanks muffler removed and replaced with straight pipe, sounds pretty good, not like a muffler removed 90’s holden
- drivers door rubber seal and both windscreens seals replaced in 2015
- Carfolie lifetime guarantee tints all round in 2014
- have just flushed cooling system including cleaning out trans cooler.
The problem stuff
- paint not as good as it looks in the photos, bootlid, quarter panel, roof and wing mirror faded or peeling clearcoat
- dent and scrape on drivers 1/4, dent on drivers door
- drivers side foglight bracket broken, foglight held in with screw (expect buyer to fit Msport bumpers anyway)
- oil leak, i top up maybe 500-1000ml per 5000km but will leave spots on driveway.
- Headlining starting to sag, usual e39 pixel issues on dash, interior pillar panel missing at rear and glue failing on others.
- expected driver seat wear for KMs
- humming noise on acceleration, bimmerforums suggested its the aftermarket trans filter so i have a new OEM one to go with car
- Servotronic steering that reduces steering assistance at speed sometimes leaves the steering tight. Internet suggest new servotronic valve.
- boot carpet filthy, maybe just replace? 6 stacker, brackets and NAV removed. Still have 6 stacker if you want it.
- drivers side passenger window regulator claw has just broken (sigh)
I had planned to wrap or respray with umnitza lights and motorsport bumpers but have too much other stuff on.
Comes with the following parts that i collected to do preventative maintenance
- new door perimeter seal ($100)
- new oem brake master cylinder (~$200)
- new oem wheel bearing (~$200)
- remaining caliper rebuild kits (~$40)
- filtran trans filter, gasket and LT71141 compatible fluid for trans fluid change