Sign in to follow this  
Guest WAGON

wtb: lowering springs

Guest WAGON

hey looking for some replacment springs for the e30 wag i want to drop it like 50-60 mm anyone?

Guest WAGON

hey im in napier but can come to auckland lol random road trip

i would want super lows 60mm how much?

i got sum cut springz if u intrested it'll drop i like a 100ml

lookz bling

wouldn't a drop of 100mm severely stuff up your camber?

lookz bling. handles like sh*t. retard.

lookz bling. handles like sh*t. retard.

sh*t yes, it would be a pig to drive, I bet.

bugger havin choppies - dangerous mods there.... Evan bro, dont lower your wagon on choppies - you want to do it properly and it aint worth the fines the cops will give you (not to mention the pink stickers)

bugger havin choppies - dangerous mods there.... Evan bro, dont lower your wagon on choppies - you want to do it properly and it aint worth the fines the cops will give you (not to mention the pink stickers)
not to mention the risk you are posing to yourself and other road users by having chopped springs.

Cheers

Guest WAGON

who is this retard downlow hmmm 100m i think i would be touching the ground hmmmm crap handleing hmmmm maybe not dude :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: how about i buy some real springs and drive my car safly yay :lol: one owrd sorry dude :angry: DICK

who is this retard downlow hmmm 100m i think i would be touching the ground hmmmm crap handleing hmmmm maybe not dude :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: how about i buy some real springs and drive my car safly yay :lol: one owrd sorry dude :angry: DICK

thats a bit on the nose aint it son? he was tryin to "hook a ***** up" he wasnt saying "you gotta get em, and mash em in" If your car was anything like mine, 100mm drop would put it on 30mm.... scary propersition(sp) with Napiers roads and entrances and exits. If you took the springs right out, you would be bumpstopped, unsafe, but would look cool for a show n shine or somthing! (not on the road tho...) :D

Guest WAGON

yea it was a bit hard but i just hate the people that go around saying cut the springs bro it would be sick

and they dont think about everything else

I still got the jamex's waiting for you evan.

$200

I smell a Welly road trip coming on.... Im going to be doing one of those soon!! We going to go mash it to some observatory which is aprarently the sh*t.... :D

dnt u say cut springs handel like sh*t! have u ever had cut springs in your beama, ur just assuming the will handel like crap, mate my car handeld mint with cutties i dont see what ur problem is,

iv got jamex 60mls compressed another 45ml in my car at tha moment looks f**kin phat, ll certed up and sh*t

mate at tha end of tha day does your car look good

Guest Andrew

Hmm - I don't know - you've probably never driven a car with nice handling - that isn't rock hard and bounces like a bloody pogo stick.

You cannot possibly have good handling on a.) those 60mm jamex springs with stock shocks b.) those 60mm jamex springs cut with stock shocks. The spring rate would be altered (badly) if you heated them up or cut them. The shocks would be outside the operating range of the spring - so in effect are useless - or because the shocks are so soft they are doing some of the springing motions themselves.

Your camber will be about 38 deg on the rear - and I fail to see how you got certed on something thats ilegal?

I'm sure your car looks good - but wouldn't you rather have it .. I dunno.. go a little quicker and turn a little harder?

The m42 (auto) never really did push the whale (e36) along very well..

I'm sure your car looks good - but wouldn't you rather have it .. I dunno.. go a little quicker and turn a little harder?

Exactly. The problem is that too many people go for (perceived) looks at the expense of better performance.

What is the point of that, the point of a BMW (in my opinion anyway) is that you are buying "The Ultimate Driving Machine"...hence the word 'driving'.

Making it handle worse, but look better is a stupid pointless waste of time.

Cheers

ok, the 36 is big, but by comparson to the rest of the larger members of the BMW family, it is almost like a mini - im sure 1 7 series would be the equivilllant of 2 e36s.... (absolutly nothing against the larger BMWs, i like them just as much, but you get my point?) :D

Blair you are ok, you have a healthy 6 cylinders powering your E36. The 4 cylinder engines are widely acknowledged as a bit underpowered for the much heavier (in comparison to the E30) E36.

Cheers

Guest Andrew

ok, the 36 is big, but by comparson to the rest of the larger members of the BMW family, it is almost like a mini - im sure 1 7 series would be the equivilllant of 2 e36s.... (absolutly nothing against the larger BMWs, i like them just as much, but you get my point?) :D
yes - i was making comparison .. to the older.. and hell even newer 3er

Guest WAGON

while im looking at springs does anyone have any shocks that would suit the 60mmm lower distance?

yeah i know theres nothing wrong with mine, but its still a bit harsh to call any e36 a whale... id have to say a 720 or 520 would be more of a whale... I had an e36 318 for a few days this week to get some work done on it thru my mechanic (for a woman i work with) and sh*t it was a POS!!! i really missed driving mine, hell the woman had my DX wagon, and I was almost to the point of getting that back - at least its manual! :D

Guest Andrew

ha ha blair ur car isnt a whale my e30 318 is a whale

e30 318 is like 1100 kg.. hardly a whale.