Sign in to follow this  
Guest WAGON

wtb: lowering springs

you think my e30 318 has 100 hp?

you talk of this 318 as tho u still have it... do you have a 318 kicking round somewhere that we dont know about? i thought u just had da wagon...

Andrew, wasnt a 318 dyno'd at 55kw? that would be about 74Hp wouldnt it? or have i gone wrong somewhere along the lines of my calculations?

while this thread seems to have slid towards power ratings and whats a whale and whats not, does anyone know how much power (roughly) my 325 would be making? (we'll say as standard, because its so hard to accurately guess what power is added by doing an exhaust and sh*t like that... cheers)

mate at tha end of tha day does your car look good

mate, yeah i think mine does look good - its bang on 100mm off the road - thats just a good height to be, i can get into most places no worries, and it handles like a dream. see attached image, i think if it was any lower i would get too much unwanted attention from the cops - this height is perfect for my needs..... and i didnt need to cut or compress them....

post-12-1083366423.jpg

Guest Andrew

you talk of this 318 as tho u still have it... do you have a 318 kicking round somewhere that we dont know about? i thought u just had da wagon...

Andrew, wasnt a 318 dyno'd at 55kw? that would be about 74Hp wouldnt it? or have i gone wrong somewhere along the lines of my calculations?

while this thread seems to have slid towards power ratings and whats a whale and whats not, does anyone know how much power (roughly) my 325 would be making? (we'll say as standard, because its so hard to accurately guess what power is added by doing an exhaust and sh*t like that... cheers)

That was an M40 318i .. the m10 ones are less. I'm talking flywheel hp where. Blair i'd expect your car to make in between 90 - 100 kW at the wheels.

chopped springs. what do you say to that.

if it were a good idea, why the hell dosent ANY professional recommend it? ive driven with "sacked" cars from chopped (and to a lesser extent, compressed) springs and they handle sh*t. end of story. maybe they feel fine to drive to the dairy with. as long as the road there is freshly paved, flat, dead straight, and theres no driveway to pull out of. in ANY other senario they drive horribly. and as grant pointed out dangerously. if you think your "sacked" whip handles sweet with chopped springs, you probly havent ever driven anything remotely close to a decent handling car. and the shorten the life of (almost) every single suspension compenent on your car. which is $$$ in the long run.

what the f**k? why would anyone do such a thing?

p.s. this is just my view, so if youve got chopped springs and ur not gonna change anytime soon, no offence. sweet.