Sign in to follow this  
antony

wheel spacers? e30.

just after a bit of info on them really.

what types have you used. what did you need, etc...

do these work with the way e30 wheels go on.

i assume the ones which are just plates need longer bolts?

or are they just a complete waste of time?

cheers

antony.

I'm pretty sure the e30's centerbore is 57.1mm, you might have to have those machined out.

Looks like there'll be issues with the e30 bolts sticking out too far as well.

If you want spacers just get ones with holes straight through and longer bolts/studs. Then theres all the legal issues with spacers.

I just waited (3 years lol) and got wheels that fit properly.

Ive used normal spacers like 5mm ones, also used 20mm hub spacers like the ones in your link.

Id say you would be best with 5 to 8mm spacers on your ride dude. They arent legal now but very hard to see and still safe.

cheers (again)

so something like this would the go.

just weighing up if its even worth it at the moment.

riley, do you still have them 5mm ones.

cheers (again)

so something like this would the go.

just weighing up if its even worth it at the moment.

riley, do you still have them 5mm ones.

Yip perfect mate, but i think you could find them cheaper (i havint look at the prices in along time tho)

Yip still got the 5mm ones, im prob going to use them on my ACS wheels just to fattern them up even more hehe, easy on mine as my guards are rolled and flaired a little.

Your more than welcome to come see how the 5mm spacers will look like on ya car if ya want

just make sure they do put longer bolts in tho because i bought some mags for my e30, drove out the shop and i felt the wheel shaking. I turned to go back to the wheel shop and sure enough my front left wheel fell off and roled 400m down the road. i was only doing about 40kmh when it fell off but f**k i was lucky the wheel didnt role into any incoming cars or damage the car. the whole trip from driving out of the shop was about 350m before the wheel fell off.

but now i have a set of wheels with the corect offset. just check the bolts before you drive away. the spacers i had on i think were 8mm.

if i was you i would just look around and find some wheels that fit.

Holly sh*t thats dodge! bloody amatures in tire shops piss me off! Anthony does have the right offset p25 but He just wants to fatten the look up a bit. But your right make sure the bolts are long

I have them to, 24mm front and 13mm rear.

Had an issue with them when they first went on, I too almost lost a wheel, when buying make sure you get the centrebore on the spacer correct and if possible get the outer of the spacer centrebored to the wheel. (If that makes sence) Id say custom spacers made to the spec of the wheel/hub would be the go (If you try to cert them they will have to be like this)

One other thing, just make sure you tighten the spacer on HARD. If it you are going to lose a wheel it will be the bolts holding the spacer on that will come loose. Try using a small amount of loctite threadlocker. (Just a wee bit)