Sign in to follow this  
williamh

Washer fluid 2nd reservoir

Now a bit of a numnut question maybe. There are two washer bottles - one standard washer fluid 2nd one for heavy clean. What is in the one? Can you just add screen wash concentrate or light dilution?

seems a bit ridiculous but im a simple minded e30 owner so cant really help, id guess and say put twice as much bug off in?

Does it have headlight washers? thats usually the reason they have another tank for them only But I could be corrected.

My Alpina has 2 containers as well. one is for water and the other for cleaner...

There are two washer bottles - one standard washer fluid 2nd one for heavy clean. What is in the one? Can you just add screen wash concentrate or light dilution?

You can add whatever you like to each.

Each reservoir has its own pump, each is controlled differently

On my E39, one button uses the main large reservoir.

the other button delivers a couple of squirts from the 'concentrate' reservoir, and then more squirts from the main reservoir.

I use normal bars-bugs solution in the big reservoir, and concentrated cleaner in the 2nd. I activate the concentrate when i have a particularly grubby windscreen.