Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Oil Cooler Removal

im thinking about removing my oil cooler.....mainly because its leaking like a bitch....i know that all other m20's dont have one, the e34 525 doesnt have one...and grant doesnt have one and his car still goes. i would need to run a nice oil i imagine...any suggestions? wouldnt this help the car warm up faster too? what part would i need from bmw to attach my oil filter straight to the block?

Guest Andrew

im thinking about removing my oil cooler.....mainly because its leaking like a bitch....i know that all other m20's dont have one, the e34 525 doesnt have one...and grant doesnt have one and his car still goes. i would need to run a nice oil i imagine...any suggestions? wouldnt this help the car warm up faster too? what part would i need from bmw to attach my oil filter straight to the block?

I don't get what you mean really gus by mounting it straight to the block - Perhaps with yours you could get the banjo bolt like mine have have the oil filter running parallel backwards to the block.

i cant remember the exact layout, but from what i remember, if i took the oil cooler and attachments off my oil filter would then stick out perpindicular to the block, much like all the other m20s ive seen ('cept yours). but im not sure if it would bolt straight on to the same thread the oil cooler arrangement bolted onto....would need to see....your house must have got net....oh wow