Sign in to follow this  
shadowninja

Stealth police patrols

Yeah, I think in a way its a good thing, keep the rd's safer. However, the whole not knowing the cops will probably come back and bite me on the bum!!

I have been pulled over once by a mufti police car, I think it was a white nissan pulsar sedan??

Police going stealth..... ninja styles!! :ph34r::ph34r:

Guest Andrew

This is stupid - It won't bring the road toll down. They need to bring in more driver education and better roads damn it - better roads!

This is stupid - It won't bring the road toll down.

I do agree that it stupid, and that it wont bring the road toll down, but realistically, the police say its for bringing the road toll down, but i think its more like revenue gathering - if you cant see the cops then they can get you anytime. It aint the "high end" speeders - they just want to make money - they cant catch the dudes that will make them the money with normal cop cars so they have to go ultra undercover and try and nail them that way.

As the national party dude said - there isnt money in busting people who do the burglaries etc, becaus the cops actually have to WORK to catch the guys who did it - where as they only have to drive down the road and pull a car up and random and go over their car with a fine tooth comb to get a lot of money off that driver. When you look at the resources being poured into road policing around new zealand, you will see that its getting huge chunks of the governments money - because at the end of the day thats where the government makes most of their money from the police. Just look at the outstanding fines owed thru the court systems - the majority of those would be from traffic offenses/violations.

(my own personal opinion!)

no matter how hard you police them, retard drivers are still gonna be retard drivers....nothing you can do will stop them crashing really....revenue gathering sucks

Letter of the month in the latest Motor mag has some guy saying that because the government/s claim this isn't for revenue gathering, speeding fines should be paid out as a donation of your choice.

Speaking of revenue gathering, theres a green Mitsi van with tinted windows parked down the road from my house right now :ph34r:

I have another great idea for road-revenue-gathering.

Remove the 'orange' light from every traffic light sequence.

That way nobody knows when the light is about to turn red... HEAPS of traffic tickets. Sure, it MAY not help the road toll a whole lot but think of all those extra tickets they could write out! :P

Why dont they just make people who commit crimes funeable? Not just jail time, but also selling their assets. Now that would be good.

Im gonna hate it if i get pulled over for doing 65 on a '50' zone despite it being wide, with good visibility and little traffic.

Speaking of revenue gathering, theres a green Mitsi van with tinted windows parked down the road from my house right now :ph34r:

speaking of those - last saturday when we were taking my DX to palmy to get datsun parts for my older brothers Datto(mean and pretty mint 1972 Datsun 1200 sedan), we were on Meeanee road and heading towards highway 50, we saw the local speed camera van, so we both gave him the 1 finger salute - funny sh*t - especially when he turned around and chased us!!! followed us practically 30km!!! we didnt stop or nothing, and he stopped when we got to marekakaho, damn it was funy!!!!!!!!! what was he going to do if we had pulled over? give us a serve for giving the 1 finger salute? at the end of the day he is a civilian, and a revenue gatherer for the government.......... sure hes doin his job, and i respect that hes working, but i dont respect his job - speed cameras are out and out blatant revenue gathering!

speaking of those - last saturday when we were taking my DX to palmy to get datsun parts for my older brothers Datto(mean and pretty mint 1972 Datsun 1200 sedan), we were on Meeanee road and heading towards highway 50, we saw the local speed camera van, so we both gave him the 1 finger salute - funny sh*t - especially when he turned around and chased us!!! followed us practically 30km!!! we didnt stop or nothing, and he stopped when we got to marekakaho, damn it was funy!!!!!!!!! what was he going to do if we had pulled over? give us a serve for giving the 1 finger salute? at the end of the day he is a civilian, and a revenue gatherer for the government.......... sure hes doin his job, and i respect that hes working, but i dont respect his job - speed cameras are out and out blatant revenue gathering!

My aunty lives in rural Waikato, south of Hamilton, and she thinks there is an unmarked police van doing the rounds between Cambridge and Te Awamutu. Ever seen those roads? Straight as, out run it easy. Better hope theres no livestock or tractors around tho.

I've passed a normal V6 Holden Rodeo (4wd too) and noticed the lights at the top of the dash. Nearly sh*t myself. They're f**king fast too!

Straight as, out run it easy. Better hope theres no livestock or tractors around tho.

dude.

I've passed a normal V6 Holden Rodeo (4wd too) and noticed the lights at the top of the dash. Nearly sh*t myself. They're f**king fast too!

im pretty sure they use those ones for the truck weigh in points on the side of the road - and covert weed recovery missions (where they go out, find the weed, take it back to the station and smoke it - by doing it in un marked cop cars they dont have a public profile to hold up...) those V6 utes can boogy - there was a V6 Navara behind my mates twin turbo (manual) legacy wagon, he nailed it to try and get the Navara off his ass, and the ute sat right there hard up behind him - its amazing how quick they can go now a - used to be they were shitty slow slugs, now the petrol utes are becoming formidable a! :D

tony ryalls got a good point in the article, about cops turning up when they feel like it, if a crime isnt going to pay. example: thursday night some friends and i set up our rail in the rugby park in mirangi bay, dropped down some ice and proceeded to have a pre season gib,

but we had to park a car or two on the field, to light up the rail. in 45 minutes 3 cars "visited" us, all in the hope of issuing a ticket, but couldnt find anything wrong...

at about 11pm a legnum wagon comes screaming round the corner out of matipo? road, flys across the foot path and plows through a fence over a 5 or 6m retaining wall, but gets caught and just sits there hanging off the edge (full action movie steez) we help the driver out, who (in shock) nearly hopped out the drop side, to his presumable death, and then proceeded to wait like another half hour for the first cop on the scene, and even then, it looked as though he was actually coming back to harass us and had stumpled apon a station wagon hanging off a 2 story drop.

regardless of the driver doing about 90 round a 25 corner, the cop blamed us for being a distraction, i imagine he thought he could maybe squeeze a buck or two out of us...

tony ryall hit it on the head with "the publics relationship with the police is strained"

f**kers.