Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Hyundai TV spots to target BMW and Mercedes

Hyundai is really working hard to prepare itself to go up against the tough luxury car market in the United States. It has already confirmed a luxury sedan that will debut in 2008 and had a very successful launch of the Hyundai Genesis Concept this past week at the New York Auto Show.

Now Hyundai is getting ready to launch a series of TV commercials, that will debut late April, showing its luxury car going up against upper-class brands such as BMW and Mercedes-Benz. The company plans to show the consumers that Hyundai can offer the same luxury for a lot less.

With the production version of the Genesis concept set to start well under $30,000, Hyundai is hoping to aim the car at the BMW 5-Series and the Mercedes-Benz E-Class giving it luxurious features like Bluetooth technology, HD radio, navigation, USB/AUX input, heated/cool seats, push-start button and active cruise control. It also has safety features like front, side and rear airbags, anti-lock brakes and stability control.

The Korean company is also spending the next 12 months preparing its dealers to sell and promote an upper-class, luxury Hyundai brand. Hyundai Genesis Concept Gallery (click thumbnails to enlarge images):

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Not a bad looking car.

What the hell have Subaru done? Got a 2 year old drawing up their cars. The new Tribeca is slightly better than the original and the new Impreza is just horrible.

Without starting a "looks like" war - the front is very Camry Aurion

Haha that is rather ironic.

I work at Mercedes, and we just acquired the franchise of Hyundai - Good one Mr Hyundai, internal company battles!

I work at Mercedes, and we just acquired the franchise of Hyundai - Good one Mr Hyundai, internal company battles!

Not really?

urrmm no, good strategy.

it doesnt look bad. headlights are a bit strange.

But will people buy it, Its like buying a cheap mp3 player instead of an ipod. just as good, but not as cool.

The Sonata was a good looking car.

I dont mind them tbo. The build quality is sweet in the new ones.

They are mean value

I lik ethe concept car, looks like a lot of things, as do many cars i guess. My 2c is that i first thought Skyline..

Sime Darby Berhad own bmw, alfa, ferrari, porsche, audi, vw, suzuki, maserati, jeep, etc etc bla bla franchises in Auckland...

my mum used to have a 1.3 accent hyundai, fun little car nic for 1.3 manual, the mp3 analogy is a good one, very true, people want a chrysler 300c, but cant afford high thousands, so theyll go for the same jap version lol.

urrmm no, good strategy.

Yeh, just tricking.

Somehow I don't know how well its gonna measure up.