Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilver

16 cylinders, 4 turbo's ten radiators and 2 6 speed gearboxes anyo

You think theyd get more power than that from 16 cylinders and 4 turbos considering they can tune Skyline GTRs to that kind of power, i suppose you've gotta put it on the ground.

Edited by Brennan

Thing is .. this is a production car. They need it to last more than 5 years ... A modded turbo car is a constant headache with constant servicing etc etc.

The biggest challange with this car for the engineers was the gearbox .. it runs two SMG style clutches automatically. It also is in two gears at one time. Desinging a gearbox that can handle 1000bhp and still be working in 20 years time is some feat.

Youll probably find that this engine has a lot more average torque than said modified skyline. Dont make the common mistake of peak horse power and torque figures vs the actual average. A similar analogy is the differnce between Peak Power (PMP) and root mean sqaured (RMS) power in power amplifiers.

forget the tech stuff what a buzz just enjoy the ride ^_^

yep, two six speed gears boxes, mount front and at the rear if i remember correctly, I thought that was a particularly clever piece of engineering,