Sign in to follow this  
vnz

Wheels problem

I have a set of 18", but when I fitted to my car, the tyre touching the car suspension, is that any chance I can higher the car suspension or so watever to fit in the wheels, and if there's a solution, how much roughly will it cost? plz reply cuz this wheels look really lovely on my car

Guest Denny Crane

No, you'll need to run spacers, and then run the risk of the wheels hitting the guards.

You can get your guards rolled if they do hit- depending on how much they're hitting. If it's only minimal, it'll solve the scraping of your tyres on the guards.

what size tyres are you running? Is it hitting on the front or rear? Do you know what width the wheels are? Which model BMW do you have? Sorry for all the questions, but the more info you give us, the more likely we are to be able to come up with a solution for you. :)

agree with the above, ive had that problem with my wheels (the mags themselves) being to wide and they rubbed on my suspension so I cudnt use them even with low profiles, was annoying, maybe it could just be width???

what size tyres are you running? Is it hitting on the front or rear? Do you know what width the wheels are? Which model BMW do you have? Sorry for all the questions, but the more info you give us, the more likely we are to be able to come up with a solution for you. :)

Thanks for all the reply guys

Im currently running on 17", tyres are 215/45R17 for both front and rear

Wanna put on 18" , tyres are 225/40R18 for front and 255/35R18 for rear

and when I fitted the wheels on it hitting the front suspension, im having an 318i 1998, new shape

can u estimated the cost as well, thanks a lot guys

agree with the above, ive had that problem with my wheels (the mags themselves) being to wide and they rubbed on my suspension so I cudnt use them even with low profiles, was annoying, maybe it could just be width???

if there is no solution then will be real sad, I really like the wheels and already spent money on it :(:(, hope that zenetti will come up with something Edited by casanova

255/40r18 is quite large, I dont know if spacers plus rolling guards would be good, they'd stick out alot, (has anyone else had experience with this) what did u mean by estimated cost?? of what?

Edited by QuickSilver

What did the Alpinas have on them ?

They were 18's and made for your car, surely you just want to replicate that size and fitment.

the Alpina is mine, jst aks for my flatmate, his ride is E46 as well but different year with mine

Edited by casanova

what is the offset of the wheels, if they are alpina wheels it is strange that they are rubbing. you seem to have the correct size tyres on, if you are based in Auckland, New Plymouth, Wellington or Palmerston North you are welcome to come into our shop so we can have a look at the problem for you. :)

Im not sure about the offset, dont know where to check it, just know the width is 8 and 8.5, can I have ur shop number, Im in Auckland, hope u guys can help me out, thanks again

Edited by casanova

no worries give me a call (Johno) on 580 1371 8.30am to 5pm Mon to Fri and we can arrange a time for you to come in

Edited by zenetti