Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

2 teens die in the US.

From e46fanatics

Two Nassau teenagers were killed on the Northern State Parkway Thursday night in a horrific traffic accident that left emergency responders searching a wide area because the force of the crash ejected the two from the car, officials said.

Driver Giacomo Alfieri, 17, of Whaleneck Drive in Merrick and passenger Michael Moniz, 17, of Grand Avenue in Bellmore, were killed in a one-car crash at 8:27 p.m. on the parkway in Dix Hills, officials said.

Click here to find out more!

Both were seniors at John F. Kennedy High School in Bellmore, according to a spokesman for the Bellmore-Merrick School District.

The two were driving eastbound in a 2007 BMW at a high rate of speed when Alfieri lost control, veered into the center median, crashed into a deep culvert and hit a tree, according to the New York State Police. The accident happened near Exit 42, Deer Park Avenue.

"We got called for an extrication, but obviously there was nothing we could do when we got here," Dix Hills Fire Chief Larry Feld said at the scene. "They got ejected out of the car."

Both occupants were pronounced dead at the scene by the Suffolk County Medical Examiner's Office.

School material was found in the wreckage.

"I've been doing this 23 1/2 years, and this has to be in the top two of the worst accidents I've seen," Feld said.

State Police were investigating the cause of the accident.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thing that boggles me is how the hell a 17 y.o can afford one of those!!!

What a Shame.

I'm thinking a kid (<18) takes daddy's car for a spin, literally, and hits tree at 200kph???

Yeah its a E92 coupe, in the first picture you can see the back of it sticking up and you can see the tail light shape

Look at the last name of the Driver. He is Arabic I think. Must have come from a well off Arabic family. Its always a shame when you hear about crashes like these.

I count myself lucky as back when I was young I did such stupid things.

FFS. Stuuuupid idiots.

God here all you boys are deciding what kinda car it is!

What a loss man, JFKHS will be sad for quite a while :(

Look at the last name of the Driver. He is Arabic I think. Must have come from a well off Arabic family.

Actually, Giacomo Alfieri sounds more like an Italian to me. Consequently, his legs were probably too short to reach the brake pedal in a BMW.

All I can say is I wish I was wearing my caring hat.

People die all the time.