Sign in to follow this  
Guest PK1

Which one?

Guest PK1

Hey guys,

Am new to the Bimmer seen - so be patient :mellow:

Am looking to make a purchase of

a) A 97 320i with full M-kit in Met. Blue, great looker I thought and in great nick

or for about 2-4k less

B) a 96 323i with std M-kit in blk

Not looking to continue to boy racer scene as such, but is the power difference that noticeable and how about the longevity of the 2 ltr?

Is it better to spend the difference to upgrade the looks of the slightly older yet more powerful 323?

p.s both have cloe to 80k on the clock. Any words of wisdom appreciated.

p.p.s boss wants me just to get a E46, but what he wants me to buy is three times the coin - so unless he's willing to offer a payrise...

:ph34r:

Cheers

Guest PK1

driven the 320, a nice drive, but yes, may just need a little more, if ya know what i mean...

go the 323....its a lot easier to make something look better than it is to make it go faster...and 320s are guzzlers...use more fuel than a e36 m3 apparently....you wont regret it promise!

I agree with the others too, go the 323i over the 320i, especially if they are both autos (which I am assuming they are).

The 320i engine and autobox are not a good match, and are not very fuel efficient.

Good luck with your purchase.

Cheers

Guest Spargo

Anyway, the 323i was a branding exercise by bmw, to hark back to the original E21 323i, it's actually got a 2.5L. Go for the 323i. 40hp more, and cosmos black pwns. That is all.

Guest PK1

Cheers for the welcome.

So, have decided against the 320i - added reason - dealership pressure, i.e telling me the usual "somebody else is line up to buy it otherwise" each day of the week, then today saying "I want to sell it because it is the end of the month"... :angry:

Anyway, watch this space for what the rise ends up being!

Big thumbs up for the input!!! Look forward to "hanging about here", and out there

and pretty much the only straight six!!! 

I'm thinking Mitsubishi, Ford, Porsche, man theres a bunch of L6 engines out there.

But who am I to talk, I bought a 4-cylinder.

Off the top of my head the Falcon is the only other car with an I6. I think.

Ohh, the Nissan Patrol and Toyota Land Cruiser :wub::wub:

theres those TVRs too. sh*t, theres probably more.

Guest PK1

hmmm, bimmer or ford, bimmer or ford, bimmer or taxi, hmmmm, which one i wonder...

if it aint a classic ford...well i hope you burn

man i hate newer fords...such sh*t piles

*pic from the whangamata beach hop the other weekend..was so freekin cool i kicked my mum in the face

post-2-1083236118.jpg

Guest PK1

Mate, that is very cool. As for non classic Fords, I hear they are great for competitive sport - demolishin derby sport that is

Na those Porches have a flat 6, like Subarus.

f**k, an I6 in the back of a Porsche :wacko:

Edited by E30_318i

You can list all the cars ya want, but really everyone knows BMW is pretty much the only regular straight six producer. Everyone else just goes V and Porsche does a flat 6.. BMW is known for its straight sixes, lexus (toyota?) is not.

Guest Andrew

You can list all the cars ya want, but really everyone knows BMW is pretty much the only regular straight six producer. Everyone else just goes V and Porsche does a flat 6.. BMW is known for its straight sixes, lexus (toyota?) is not.

Hmm i'd be happy to have a 1JZ or 2JZ in my bimmer.