Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

2008 BMW M5 pricing remains the same + Some new features

Posted Image While there have been minimal cosmetic changes to the exterior and interior to the 2008 BMW M5, pricing has remained the same as last year at $83,675 including a $775 destination charge. However, these minimal changes mean the world to BMW enthusiasts that are looking for bragging rights. We’ve gone ahead and bolded some changes that, we think, matter.

Oh and its still powered by the amazing 5.0-liter V10 engine producing 500hp with 383 lb-ft. torque that gives it the ability to do 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds.

Exterior: Like the 2008 BMW 5-Series the 2008 BMW M5 gets subtle yet eye-catching enhancements that include a new front air dam with a more pronounced center air intake and reshaped brake air inlets. There are also new optical lenses for the headlights and the lower rear lights feature red lines in their optical lenses while the top rear lights have a white design with fewer reflectors. Two new exterior colors, Space Gray Metallic and Monaco Blue Metallic are now available.

Interior: BMW designers have given the M5 interior more luxury starting with new door panels that include larger door pockets and wood trim along the tops of the doors. The front passenger door handle is wrapped in leather and the location of the door handles has been moved to improve ergonomics. The window buttons are made of a softer material and were moved to the door armrests. Pearl-gloss chrome inserts are now on the radio and temperature controls. The iDrive system now has six programmable memory keys.

Technological: A heated M multi-function steering wheel and soft-close doors are available as stand-alone options as is an iPod/USB Adapter which enables the M5’s audio system to play an MP3 player. It will fully integrate the iPod’s functionality into the audio controls on the multi-function steering wheel as well as charge the iPod. High Definition (HD) radio with multicasting is also an option. HD radio improves the sound quality and allows access to additional radio programming.

at $83 000 i will get a mortgage now!

USD - so 113k NZD - so more like 180 - 190k in our market I imagine.

And the rest !!!

Base M5 is currently 225k, M6 wheels....add 5k, full leather....another 20k.

Goes to show just how ridiculously expensive they are here.

So hypothetically you could import one new far cheaper than through a dealer?

obviously it would need to come from a right hand drive country.

cheers matt

It helps if your earning UK pounds in the first place !

But if your using NZD I reckon you could get one for cheaper than an NZ dealer but it wouldnt be massively cheaper. A rough estimate would be that you could get one for between 180-200k.

If you were prepared to import a used one from Japan you could save a fortune !

[edit]

What I really meant about the cost was that a new one of these would be just a little more than a years salary for me in the UK. In NZ it would take me nearly four years to pay for it. So in terms of salary its four times more expensive here :(

Edited by Penrod 'Penry' Pooch

Some manufacturers (I think Mercedes and Porsche) will let you order either right or left hand drive no matter where you are. I don't think there would be anything stopping you from doing this in America.

$84,000 / 0.74 = $112,621

Plus freight ($3k) = $129,182

Plus GST = $126,182

Plus NZ reg, compliance etc ($1k) = $130,182.......

Or even better a new Porsche 911 GT3 for $106,000 USD....

A relative ordered his brand new X5 Diesel in Holland to NZ specs, got it delivered here brand new and saved him about $40k from memory. Cost approx $109k I think. I know he saved a sh*t load.

damn i thought that was the BMWCC price ^_^ ,

Figured it was US or British price...:(

damn i thought that was the BMWCC price ^_^ ,

LOL, wait until I buy the dealership off Jeff Gray, then 'Special Price' for you mate :)

LOL, wait until I buy the dealership off Jeff Gray, then 'Special Price' for you mate :)

:thumb: