Sign in to follow this  
Homy.D.Clown

Putting in a New Stereo?

well why you guys were having fun spreading the BMW love in aucks *sic and i had more pressing issues...making Homys ride even more bling!.

step one removing the old stereo..no drama there..also no aerial plug that ive ever seen before..oh well no radio channels for me then.

step two taking out the centre console to run the RCAs (after a quick look under the glove box decided against taking them this way) so down the middle of the car it was.(hint remove tray around hand brake first)lift carpet and push em on thru..easy..ish.

step three remove back seats grab front edge of lower part yank up remove grab top edge of upright and with much cursing get your fingers behind it and yank foward , then lift up to clear lower locators, remove.

step fourrunning RCAs into boot (thanks to bmw for that nifty space for the lines coming out from the gas tank...RCAs go thru perfectly too :)

ok this is where the real fun began after stripping out the boot we decided it was easier and way quicker to use the factory speaker wires..only they were attached to the factory amp :( so after picking them appart from each other (they're in 10 pairs,ive got 10 factory speakers) theyre the ones spiraled loosely together.

so as we didnt want to rip the car appart looking for where every wire came from we got nasty and hooked up my amp and pulged in the stereo (volume low) and proceeded to make some +/- contacts on the amp...then with me running round telling what speaker went we soon had all hte buggers labled...yes i know how rough this is..we were getting impaitent and hungry. so wiring sorted and amps hooked up now it was just the crossovers to wire in...+/-,tweeters/mids etc..easy.hide the wiring and hook up the sub to its amp..BOOM!! ..now ive got to go rattle hunting..gay!! :angry:

oh well it sounds freeking good inside the car :lol: way better bass than my old car(same gear too)

special ups to *Sic for all his audio brains and ringing me up to TELL me we were putting in the sounds..lol

Cheers bro!! (thanks to grant too for the extra hand and the woodies)

post-8-1065359363.jpg

sh*t dude have i got some hints that you wanted last week !!!

1. cordless drill battery. hold your positive speaker wire on the pos terminal and touch neg to neg and the speaker will crackel (without doin any damage). this tels you which speaker goes to what wire.

3. the e36's have a aerial in the window which is power asisted (thoes are ya left over wires) fuk knowes which goes where, there all the same colour from memory too.

3. That aerial plug is euro and new. go to any auto leky and they'l have an adaptor for about $5.00.

4. make sure ya earth for ya amp is as close as pos to the amp, and the fuse is close as pos to the batt (running the right way ) use BIG wires and good terminals and conections, apparently any serges can fuk ya amp real gd ! the e36's seem to chew thru amps, mine does anywayz, ive just today blowen my 2nd in two weeks!!! thank fuk for warentys.

*PS don't buy a Lanzar amp, they can't handle the pace! opinion of a leky.

5. fencing wire. makes life alot easier pullin wires under carpet.

yeah when we jimmied the speaker wires the volume was way down..i had to presss my ear to the speaker to hear..dont wanna fuk them tweeters aye.

as for getting the wires under the carpet..that was easy as with just my hands.

but thanks for the advise anyway...just your timing was a bit retarded..lol :P

yo nigro where are the finished pics of it... and have you finished wiring up the rears?.. :D

we gonna roll this weekend g? B)

bling bling

man i aint had no time this week boss is down south so im the head honcho. and training etc..how was monday..get a hella one did you..

hey you com'in to the opening on friday nite? adam can drive us..:)

yea man i saw steve in town and hooked him up the cash for me and tania... adam can drive YO!!!! man we pimping in suits in the beamer then? :D :D :D :D

dude wear a suit!!! all the black belts are gonna... well me and steve so far lol!

it will look mad as if there is like 10+ black belts all in black suits...then we can roll into town after and have sum...err......fun B)