Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

twin turbo e30

thinking about twin turboing my 325i was wondering what it involves as aposed to single turbo?

Um, 2 turbos and associated plumbing?

More complex, more expensive and more sh*t to go wrong. IMO get a properly sized single turbo

two hairdryers??

i thought i had problems fitting just one in the e28.

hve fun-should go well when its done

I can't see the point in doing it really.

Go single

Would seem a lot harder to fit 2 small turbo's in. have you looked at a big single turbo conversion??

laurence.

There is no real point in doing it on an inline engine. V or W or flat/horizontal formations can have benefits from a twin turbo set up obviously because of their layout (cylinder heads on both sides of the engine bay) unless you want to get technical and go sequential, which I dont recommend really. The single turbo will be alot better in terms of fitment and if sized right will perform just as good if not better than a twin setup.

yer id suggest big single conversion less trouble, bore it out massive turbo, so it wont put stress on the engine and you'r sweet!

I agree with the rest of them a Single Turbo is the best bet alot less cash and modification, and if you can someone that will do the piping cheap cause ive being quoted around $1000 for piping off the turbo to the exhaust

I agree with the rest of them a Single Turbo is the best bet alot less cash and modification, and if you can someone that will do the piping cheap cause ive being quoted around $1000 for piping off the turbo to the exhaust

$1000 for a waste pipe? dam, surely that must include a whole new exhaust?

A waste pipe would be around $60 materials (flange and doughnut), and I'm sure I built mine in an afternoon lying on my back with only basic tools. Proper shop with hoist etc should be able to knock one out in a few hours no sweat.

Yea i think your right its abit over the top but thats why im not going to fawk out that hopefully my friend when i get my turbo will be able to do custom exhaust extractors, intake and down piping for just materials and abit of cash on top,

hopefully i can get the turbo or ecu in the next few months...