Sign in to follow this  
shadowninja

Tyre Prices

I noticed the tyres on my baby are starting to show a little bit of wear (26km) & called up my normal tyre supplier. Note this is the first time I have contacted them about my bimmer, was normally shopping for tyres for my celica or 200SX.

225 / 45 front

245 / 55 rear

R17 rims all around Conti-sport rubber.

Any guesses as to what they want to charge me for the set? :ph34r:

Yeah, sport contact 2's are a rip off!!

Get some toyo T-1S's priced up, I bet it would be 1/2 that, and perform just as well.

The tyre guys suggested some Goodyears ~$1400, similar stickiness, feel & quiet on the road but don't last very long... only 25,000km expected life.

He also suggested some Dunlops at $1,200, last a similar milage as the Conti's 35,000km but much harder, lack some of the grip & have heaps more road noise.

kelly charger retreads. not sure if they come in 17 though.

seriously though, not sure about sizing, but kumho ecstas are a decent 17 tyre, they round $150 each for 215/40 size, not sure bout your sizes though.....not having compared them to any other tyres i cant really comment too much, but they seem decent!

Yeah for retreads! I remember putting those on my first car (1987 Toyota Corona). ^_^

I also remember the tyre blow-out that resulted from cheap retreads, that almost put me in the way of a large bus.

The Good Year GS-D3's are a very nice tyre (I had them on the front of my E30).

What dunlops were they?? Direza's (replaced FM901's)?? The FM901's were pretty good, nice stiff sidewalls.

The Good Year GS-D3's are a very nice tyre (I had them on the front of my E30).

What dunlops were they?? Direza's (replaced FM901's)?? The FM901's were pretty good, nice stiff sidewalls.

Ive got 235/40/18 Goodyear GS-D3s they are awsome for drip! and they seem to last a while - ive got some Falkens on the front at the moment and they are a total let down!! Dunlop FM901s were the sh*t a - good grip, reasonable lifetime and produce a HELL of a lot of smoke....... when i bought my mags they came with Kuhmo Ecsta Supra tyres - they were worth $510 each - they gave good grip - until they were worn out, then my car became insanely loose (all the guys who saw it when it was on baldies would agree eh grant and tim etc....)

But its like most tings, you get what you pay for - more you pay the better the tyre (in most cases/applications!!) (sava intensers make the best skid tyres - cheap and last forever!!!) :D

grid 3's, DO IT

Less than $500 for rears at R18 255's... hmm... they were quoting me $600 for rears & $550 fronts per foot, and no discount for buying the whole suite.

So you went for the Conti's anyway M3AN. I guess I better shop around.

Toyo T1S.. you know you want it.

Close... $2,200 for the set.

<_<

... but the sad thing is they are probably almost worth it.

no the sad thing is , that it is about the same price as my whole car is gunna cost

Shadowninja: drop me a PM if you want some $$$ for your old tyres, I need a set to push the E30 around on!!

for sure

arnt we forgettin the ///M badges?