Sign in to follow this  
sven007

Superlow Springs

I just got hooked up with some superlow Jamex springs that came out of a E36 318 4 door. I have a E36 325I 4 door. Would these fit fine?

Thanks

Sven

I just got hooked up with some superlow Jamex springs that came out of a E36 318 4 door. I have a E36 325I 4 door. Would these fit fine?

Thanks

Sven

no, 6cyl and 4cyl springs are different

no, 6cyl and 4cyl springs are different

Yup, 4 cylinder engine is lighter so the front springs are different. But I've heard the rears are the same.

Yup, 4 cylinder engine is lighter so the front springs are different. But I've heard the rears are the same.

yup the rears are the same i got 4cylinder rears in my 320i and its fine

Rears are really easy. About a 20 min job.

Fronts require spring compressors before you remove the strut hat, the nut on the strut hat is 22mm or something like that, and can be a pain to remove, you may need an impact wrench. It's possible to DIY with a few sockets, spring compressor, and a prybar (for the rears) but if you don't have those tools would just get it over with by going to a shop. I did mine on my own but I needed an impact wrench to remove the strut hat nut, it just kept spinning. Brought the whole strut with the spring still in it and the mechanic took it off in about 3 seconds, I'd spent hours trying to get it off with manual tools at home.

Yuen,

Thanks heaps for your advice, I had the exact same thing with my merc.. basically everything you said..used manual tools and spent ages trying to get the back bolt undone then my father came home and showed me the torque wrench. Thanks Heaps!

Yuen,

Thanks heaps for your advice, I had the exact same thing with my merc.. basically everything you said..used manual tools and spent ages trying to get the back bolt undone then my father came home and showed me the torque wrench. Thanks Heaps!

You're welcome, I was reading the latest Total BMW yesterday and they were talking about changing an E36 320i's suspension, according to them you can get the 22mm nut off if you loosen it while the strut is still in place under the strut tower, and the weight of the car is on it. So if you are going to do it yourself, give it a shot, just get it loose but don't take it off, don't want the whole strut hat shooting off.

You're welcome, I was reading the latest Total BMW yesterday and they were talking about changing an E36 320i's suspension, according to them you can get the 22mm nut off if you loosen it while the strut is still in place under the strut tower, and the weight of the car is on it. So if you are going to do it yourself, give it a shot, just get it loose but don't take it off, don't want the whole strut hat shooting off.

iv got a e36 coupe i had 4cyl springs in it an its a 6cyl the only diffrence is spring rates it worked good but took them out as i got my factory springs compressed something crazy anyway i put the springs in an its not hard fronts you will need spring compressors an i socket set but itl take like 2 hours in a garage saves alota money if you can be bothered were as the rear springs are simple as anything