Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Brake Lining Light

my brake wear lining light will not go off...both the sensors are fine (0 resistance)

what else can i check? must be a wiring problem somewhere, but where?

is there anything else that could set it off? (the fluid level is a separate light)

my brake wear lining light will not go off...both the sensors are fine (0 resistance)

what else can i check? must be a wiring problem somewhere, but where?

is there anything else that could set it off? (the fluid level is a separate light)

Afraid not Gus, there must be an open circuit somewhere, had this problem with Alley's wagon, eventually found a break in the wire behind the dash after much swearing and a LOT of time...

The thing is, you probably pull your wheels off regularly and check pads etc so you shouldn't have to rely on the light. Just take the bulb out until you are ready to do the hard tracing yards.

my 2c

Will

Sounds like an earth shorting problem! What you need to do is break the circuit somehow [using your favorite Ball-peen hammer on the bulb should do the trick]

Most pads have built-in wear-indicators, They usually screech when they wear down to the metal backings.When you hear this noise,it is advisable to change your pads [otherwise you'll need to change your pants when your brakes don't work]

I had the same problem with a brake wear indicator, sometimes giving the dash a good thump would make it go away for a while but I had to swap out the instrument cluster to get rid of the problem. BTW Gus, was that you I saw on TV this morning??

instrument cluster seems ok...have tried two and both seem fine

yes it was me..did i look retarded? trying to find someone who has the video so i can laugh at myself

bulb removal will probably be the way forward...it just doesnt light up when i turn the key though!

instrument cluster seems ok...have tried two and both seem fine

yes it was me..did i look retarded? trying to find someone who has the video so i can laugh at myself

bulb removal will probably be the way forward...it just doesnt light up when i turn the key though!

Gus, The wiring is a loop from the dash through both sensors back to the dash. Wont be a short to earth but an open circuit. Have had wires break in the plugs in the car side of the loom where the sensor plugs to. Easiest if cant be confirmed is to bridge each sensor wires - under the bonnet & under the back seat or just join the blue/white & blue/green wires out of the instrument cluster - bypassing the circuit.

Grant