Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Engine Problem...fun

well....since bout saturday......when ive been cruising along (normally 2nd or 3rd) my car has been....almost stuttering......the revs drop bout 250 rpm for half a second and then back up to normal....cant pinpoint any particular time (does it when warm and cold.....normally round 2000rpm although has done it under load at higher rpm too) its getting especially bad this morning and arvo...and im not too impressed....any suggestions??! help!

Plugs??

dodgy CAS?? (crank angle sensor, in the bell housing I think??)

AFM??

yeah....was thinking plugs ignition...it strikes me as being electrical, and its been wet recently....CAS...how would i get to that? and check whats wrong with it? wait...i think i still have andrews bentleys.....AFM?....might get that looked at.....

well just had a quick looky under the bonnet...a spark plug was loose....seems a likely cause...gonna take a quick drive now just to make sure! wish me luck....

problem seems to be solved.... :D ....so smooth

my bad

still got the prob.....any more suggestions? it really sucks....and tonite REALLy not a good night for e30's.....no more driving!

When the engine dies, is it over-fuelling and blowing heaps of dark soot out the back from improper combustion? If it is, chances are more than likely its the CAS or maybe even the loom. Mates car had this, took us ages to find it, we replaced half the ignition system + CAS before we tried another loom for the CAS. Fixed it right up. It was pretty funny listening to a straight six sound like a bridgeported rotor tho :lol:

well have cleaned all contacts in dizzy rotor and cap....havnt started car since saturday so not sure if it worked!....hoping its not the CAS.....changed plugs as was time anyway.....will see how it goes..hopefully its all good

dizzy cap and rotor are new....seems to have fixed the problem! thanks pam!

hah thats the same problem i got with the distributor cap and the rotor thing cos its fuked and motor wont start so i need a new one ... if someone wants to hook me up with a working one........ ^_^

as well wen i do drive i hear a knocking bu not when im braking my guess was it was the sway bar any other guesses??

p.s i need a bimmersport sticker!!