Sign in to follow this  
3 SERIES

NEWBIE TO BIMMERSPORT - E36 318is

Hi All

Im new to Bimmersport so thought id introduce myself. I recently brought myself a NZ new e36 318is manual coupe.

Pretty wrapped with it as I was looking for a tidy man is coupe for a very very long time. Its absolutly mint condition 2 owners, 86k and got it for what I reckon was a steal!

Planning on doing a few mod's to it. Nothing too over the top thou. Genuine BMW mags, lowering it a little, 35% tints, and some nice sounds.

Would like to hear some comments, good or bad. All will be taken onboard :)

Cheers

Brett

post-1591-1180670936_thumb.jpg

post-1591-1180671339_thumb.jpg

Edited by 3 SERIES

Hi All

Im new to Bimmersport so thought id introduce myself. I recently brought myself a NZ new e36 318is manual coupe.

Pretty wrapped with it as I was looking for a tidy man is coupe for a very very long time. Its absolutly mint condition 2 owners, 86k and got it for what I reckon was a steal!

Planning on doing a few mod's to it. Nothing too over the top thou. Genuine BMW mags, lowering it a little, 35% tints, and some nice sounds.

Cheers

Brett

welcome mate,

nice standard 318is you got yourself there

18 inch schnitzers would look nice on it

At least its an e36

Jk nice and welcome hahah

Nice, black coupes are hot :D

While your at it colour code the skirts, and lose the orange indicators.

Looks pretty clean and tidy!

Emma

Hi All

Cheers

Brett

I WANT A BLACK ONE !!!! nah howzit bro looks good basis for a project start by getting rid of all your orange indicators makes a big diffrence then what ever 18 inch snitzers would look good but 18s are getting small 19s work bro anyway l8a

anyway

Tidy looking car, well done.

Thanks all for the welcome. Just brought some mags for it today, so slowly getting there.

Here is a very very quick amature photoshop pic of the mags on the car. Now have to decide

if I should go low or super low springs? Any input and advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Brett

post-1591-1180742989_thumb.jpg

Thanks all for the welcome. Just brought some mags for it today, so slowly getting there.

Here is a very very quick amature photoshop pic of the mags on the car. Now have to decide

if I should go low or super low springs? Any input and advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Brett

18s? hyper silver? go for a set of superlow jamex ones on trademe seem to be good low springs will drop the car 35-40

superlow 50 itl make more of a diffrence an it wont be draging its arse along the ground but if you wanted you could compress the factory ones an level the car out eg i found that it was.....low......HIGH front BACK bit like a drag car end of the day its up to how low you want it hope this mite help

Posted Image

Cheers

The mags are 17" hypersilver. Its a hard decision as once I have the springs on the car, they can't go back!

If I go putting super lows on the car with 17's will I get guard rub and trouble going over judder bars etc? I want the car to look like its been lowered but not so low that its rediculous. I want it at a nice height. Can anyone speak from experience? Cheers Brett

Cheers

The mags are 17" hypersilver. Its a hard decision as once I have the springs on the car, they can't go back!

If I go putting super lows on the car with 17's will I get guard rub and trouble going over judder bars etc? I want the car to look like its been lowered but not so low that its rediculous. I want it at a nice height. Can anyone speak from experience? Cheers Brett

i had superlows in before with little gaurd rub on a 19x8.5 wheel so you should be sweet azz for jutterbars you should be ok i had a another e36 coupe on 17 m3 wheels with superlow jamex wasnt a problem but by the sounds of things go for just normal lowered springs

Posted Image

Edited by PBOY

19's and super lows! man that must have looked pretty mean! Think I might go super lows. Had a look at a few cars on trade me with 17 and 18's on super lows and I didnt look too out of place. Thanks for the advice mate

19's and super lows! man that must have looked pretty mean! Think I might go super lows. Had a look at a few cars on trade me with 17 and 18's on super lows and I didnt look too out of place. Thanks for the advice mate

algud man yeh i gotem on now but yeah superlows on 17s will make all the diffrence

Posted Image

Cheers

Hey man, i had superlow kings on my Z3 which are the same for any E36 coupe, they were obviusly really low but not rediculously low that sh*t would scrap, i only had 16" wheels on it so with 17"s it should be algood.