Sign in to follow this  
m_power

Springs + Shocks

I have just brought some new Bilstien sport shocks out of the U.S. and am waiting on there arrivel. While i am i thought i might as well get some lowering springs. I am looking down the track of H & R. I am interested in a 35mm drop, but i need to know something here. My car is E30 318is. I understand these can with M-tech springs which are already slightly lower than standard e30 springs. Now my question is if i put 35mm lowering springs in will it go 35mm lower than the M-tech springs or 35mm lower than standard springs? I am currently under the imprestion it will go 35mm lower than standard springd, am i correct?

When i looked into for the M325 the H&R sports give a 35mm drop on the M Tech springs. Where did ya get the Bilstien sport shocks from shox.com? Still need to sort the suspension for the M325 would be interested to know cost

When i looked into for the M325 the H&R sports give a 35mm drop on the M Tech springs. Where did ya get the Bilstien sport shocks from shox.com? Still need to sort the suspension for the M325 would be interested to know cost

Got the shocks from ebay. $399 u.s for shocks and $150 u.s for shipping so was around $770 n.z landed. So you reakon they give a drop on the mtech srings, how are thr H & R springs working for you?

Havent got around to buying yet so still running standard M Tech. Talked to Gus about this in some depth and given that my car spends most of its time on the road (not track) will most likely start with new shocks and leave the M Tech springs. I want the car to be comfortable round town but if its too soft will change to H & R's

Thats a good price for the Bilstiens

Havent got around to buying yet so still running standard M Tech. Talked to Gus about this in some depth and given that my car spends most of its time on the road (not track) will most likely start with new shocks and leave the M Tech springs. I want the car to be comfortable round town but if its too soft will change to H & R's

Thats a good price for the Bilstiens

thats why you buy adjustibles fella ;) ... best of both worlds for about $300 more

So am i right in thinking they will give a 35mm drop on the mtech springs now?

So am i right in thinking they will give a 35mm drop on the mtech springs now?

I always thought that the drop was measured from standard height. The mtech springs are very good springs so make sure you get good replacements - H&R are supposed to be very good. I have the same shocks in mine and have found them excellent.

Seeing as you stole my 318is (still joking :) )

I am DEMANDING you sell me those springs and give me first option (your stock ones)

Dont want to Hijack your thread but...Anyone got a pic of the car with "standard" M-Tec springs ? Reason is that I have a set I am thinking of putting in and I want to see the ride height.

Edited by ducatiss

Dont want to Hijack your thread but...Anyone got a pic of the car with "standard" M-Tec springs ? Reason is that I have a set I am thinking of putting in and I want to see the ride height.

Yeap for sure.

post-1483-1181867145_thumb.jpg

Seeing as you stole my 318is (still joking :) )

I am DEMANDING you sell me those springs and give me first option (your stock ones)

Sorry Andrew, but plan on keeping the Mtech springs. Not too sure weather i am changing to H & R springs but either way i will keep the Mtech springs. You can have some standard normal springs-got two sets- :P

The H&R rep is apparently coming to the motorworx BBQ if you want to quiz him/her.

The H&R rep is apparently coming to the motorworx BBQ if you want to quiz him/her.

Dont think i would be able to make it. Got work this week end, and even if i didnt i wouldnt be able to get there.