Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

325 project - ongoing

sweet sweet engine sex... its a beautiful thing.

I swear its original mileage..

muhaha

post-2-1083983245.jpg

if any..

i had to

Andrew,

Make sure you keep posting the photos of the progress, it is bloody interesting.

Cheers

Guest Andrew

Andrew,

Make sure you keep posting the photos of the progress, it is bloody interesting.

Cheers

Will do - i'll pop down after work every day.

Guest Andrew

JUST BRING IT!!!!!!!!

seriously tim - your car will be a lot slower.

We'll settle this at the strip though. Do I hear a bimmersport drag day coming up this summer?

ill be there to tow all you dirty bimmer ladies off....

honda drag day pwns all B)

(if we set up a phat day, it might compete...)

We'll settle this at the strip though. Do I hear a bimmersport drag day coming up this summer?

summer? why cant we try and organise this thing sooner? Im keen for whenever tho....

and we'll have a lot of sh*t sorted after the 30th of may when all you guys are going to come and get pwned on manfield by my 325s awsome sideways potential (and when it cant cut the mustard, my mates RB20DET powered VL commodore will pwn you all!!!) :D

Guest Andrew

Went down and had a look at it today.

Some spankin new 83mm pistons there with all the replacable bits. Chromoly rings present for when it starts getting forcefed some air. Crank has gone off to get lightened (by 2kg) and balanced. Con rods are off getting balanced. Should be a nice smooth m20. Bottom end will be build by Wednesday, hopefully the head will have come up from Glenn by then and the motor can get assembled and popped in. Bilstein Sports and Jamex springs going in a Thursday and then off to the exhaust shop. Seats are going to be a f**ker to put in - but hopefully it will work. Exhaust done thursday also hopefully. I may be driving the car early next week and getting that motor bed in. Will post pics after the paint has been buffed and the interior is done. I'm lost with what to do with the wheels. I think i'll kill the tyres on the basketweaves first then maybe put my black bottlecaps on.

Andrew, you should make this a Sticky..but first eliminate most of the replies, just keep the update photo's and expanations of the work.

The whole project is bloody interesting.

Cheers

14" or 15" basket weaves??

If they are 15's leave them on for sure.

Engine is on it's way. refer E-mail sent.

Guest Andrew

Here are the latest pics:

I think i'll win the clean engine bay awards at show and shines.

post-5-1084586601.jpg

Guest Andrew

The seats are going in .. i love these shots - so skanky looking - before and after pics will look rad.

The seat is jet black - just under the flash went a bit blue.

post-5-1084586708.jpg

so am i right in guessing you can put any e30 model engine in any e30? or are there differences in length of the car due to model? eg are 320's bigger than say 316's?? do gearboxes differ in strength or more importantly fit?

i read something in the e36 model the 328i is the same length as the m3 and that these two models are longer than the rest, is this true?

Guest Andrew

so am i right in guessing you can put any e30 model engine in any e30? or are there differences in length of the car due to model? eg are 320's bigger than say 316's?? do gearboxes differ in strength or more importantly fit?

i read something in the e36 model the 328i is the same length as the m3 and that these two models are longer than the rest, is this true?

Yes, essentially you can put any engine in any car. But if you mean they are direct swaps in e30 - then no.. it isn't a direct swap. The 4 and 6 motors use a different gearbox. They have heaps of little different things.

Yes, essentially you can put any engine in any car. But if you mean they are direct swaps in e30 - then no.. it isn't a direct swap. The 4 and 6 motors use a different gearbox. They have heaps of little different things.

cheifly amoung the 4 & 6 clys would have to be the engine mounts, because the 6 is bigger than the 4, the engine mounts will be spaced further apart and that sort of things. Other problems will be brakes etc - its a bit of effort, and all worth while im sure, but in the case of 316 - 325 i would just go out and buy a 325 - would have to be cheaper.... (when you also factor in your certification and stuff) :D

Guest Andrew

cheifly amoung the 4 & 6 clys would have to be the engine mounts, because the 6 is bigger than the 4, the engine mounts will be spaced further apart and that sort of things. Other problems will be brakes etc - its a bit of effort, and all worth while im sure, but in the case of 316 - 325 i would just go out and buy a 325 - would have to be cheaper.... (when you also factor in your certification and stuff) :D

Graeme is the man to ask for this - as he did the orginal engine swap on my car. But judging from the stuff that is diffenrent on my car.. a lot of stuff has been changed.

btw - motor is ready to go - its getting popped in tommorow. I will be driving it home tommorow - on the stock 323 exhaust - but the proper exhaust will get put on early next week along with the urethane bushes. I'm just bringing the car home to spend 2 days on fixing the paint work.

btw - motor is ready to go - its getting popped in tommorow. I will be driving it home tommorow - on the stock 323 exhaust - but the proper exhaust will get put on early next week along with the urethane bushes. I'm just bringing the car home to spend 2 days on fixing the paint work.

Congratulations, can't wait to see the finished project, I am planning on using the same suspension set up, and exhaust (seeing mine is leaking more and more and getting louder and louder). So I have more than just a passing interest in your finished product.

Cheers