Sign in to follow this  
threeta

Jag leading a bimmer

Sure it's not lapping you?

Guest Ken

So how about a few photos of a Bimmer coming second??? I managed to hold out this 535 at Donnington in 1988.post-131-1181902235_thumb.jpg

Are you still into XJSs?

Haha, I love it. You have to admire the british build quality. Look at that bonnet fit. Primo!

i think i over braked into one of the courners and he got past. Definitely on same lap!!! Bonnet fit due to some hasty repairs after spinning off into a concrete wall. Lesson 1 in spins - stand on the brakes!!!! Then when the car has slowed enough to get traction it won't fly off into a wall or worse, into another car!! learned that the hard way - those xjs are built like tanks and darn near impossible to straighten. Nice to meet you today Cain - see you're a frod driver too!

keep n eye out for a race series on tv called superstars??? mostly e 39 M5s but some E60 545 and 550 too.The supercharged jags clean up tho.....Strange rules,5 liter v8 is the engine config,I dont know which model Jag but I guess it must be the 4.2 supercharged donk....

I note the 535 bonnet isnt exactly a neat fit either!

Edited by kiwi535

Sure it's not lapping you?

hahahahahaha..."SNAP" love that comment...

sure looks like over lapping to me...a number 45 in front of a number 15 is hard to think of...unless it was reverse grid but even if it was...where are the cars between 15 and 45? hahahaha

Edited by international

me...a number 45 in front of a number 15 is hard t

had the same number all year - 46. mainly in the jaguar owners club xj race series, but i got tangled up in the anglo german challenge a couple of times. Will post another photo of the start line. 3 speed auto (GM400) was da bomb!! especially trying to use 1st when its kitted to the max and tries to spin the car when braking and changing.

keep n eye out for a race series on tv called superstars??? mostly e 39 M5s but some E60 545 and 550 too.The supercharged jags clean up tho.....Strange rules,5 liter v8 is the engine config,I dont know which model Jag but I guess it must be the 4.2 supercharged donk....

I note the 535 bonnet isnt exactly a neat fit either!

Interesting you mention it i saw superstars too, there seems to be a really small field only about 12? Certainly odd seeing the old body of the S-Type leading e60 m5's!!!

not E60 M5,s I dont think,E39 M5,s and E60 545 and 550 only,V10 not allowed?Apparently the 550 is a bit fragile yet

Edited by kiwi535

yes they are, and the cars are relatively standard, with several running the E39 M5 gearbox.