Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

What are these wheels

Been searching around for some 15X7's for the E30 series car. Dont want the run of the mill wheels they all seem to have.

Found these but I have not seen them before. They are 15X7 4X100 +25 which is just what I am after.

Does anyone know of other lightweight rims that have a nice offset between +25 and +15 that are in this size? Pretty hard to find as 4x100 is pretty much only found on FWD cars.

If pic doesnt show just right click and hit show pic.

Posted Image

Guest Ken

Been searching around for some 15X7's for the E30 series car. Dont want the run of the mill wheels they all seem to have.

Found these but I have not seen them before. They are 15X7 4X100 +25 which is just what I am after.

Does anyone know of other lightweight rims that have a nice offset between +25 and +15 that are in this size? Pretty hard to find as 4x100 is pretty much only found on FWD cars.

If pic doesnt show just right click and hit show pic.

Posted Image

They look very much like Alpinas - grab them and hold on tight!!!

I should be able to get them for around $300 from Japan.

They are crap. What is the phone number of the guy who has them. i want to ring him and abuse hime for selling such crap wheels!!!!

Jks, they appear to be very rare Alpinas - buy them.

Don't even think about crashing your race car with them on though!!!

Edited by bravo

Guest Ken

they're very run of hte mill common e30 mags. I'll take them off your hands for $100.

I love the comedians on this site!!!

Look at some genuine ones... Penry's wheels

Haha well I think I might pick them up. Will have to wait ages though for them to come though.

Guest Ken

Haha well I think I might pick them up. Will have to wait ages though for them to come though.

How did you find them you lucky fellow?

Its a secret. Haha. Maybe I shouldn't tell you till after I buy them. lol. Just realised the link to the photo gives it away.

Edited by DRFT IT

OMG they are calling the wheels junk. And they are from a rusty E30. lol

Guest Ken

Its a secret. Haha. Maybe I shouldn't tell you till after I buy them. lol. Just realised the link to the photo gives it away.

Ah-ha! You watch the hits go up on that site now!

Your prize - everyone else can <site server removed this portion due to rude words>

Something doesnt look right.

Those center caps are completely wrong. The locks should have covers over them and they are a basic key shape, not a 'round' key that it looks like these have. The badges are wrong too, not only because they are BMW and not Alpina, but they look too big and look like theyve been stuck on, rather than sitting flush.

Also the lip on them doesnt look right, it appears to have an 'edge' around it which it shouldnt have.

Im not saying they arent real but Id want to see them in the flesh to confirm whether they are genuine or not.

They look like Glenn's old wheels - alpina-ish - but not alpina

Do note; since not genuine, supposidly, probably even heavier, therefore worse.

might pay to just compare them to those one www.abrahamsmotorsport.com. Might be a set of kopi's.

Did they come in 15's ? I was under the impression the alpina's were 16's, maybe they're the E21 versions I dunno.

Edited by E30stz

Mate is sorting it out for me now in Japan. Found some more interesting wheels but they are only 6 wide.

Posted Image

And these light weight 15j 15X7's are quite cheap. Might bring in a set of them too.

Posted Image

Sadly there was only 3 of those rims. But they were def replicas. Made in Japan so they cant be Alpina. They were going to cost me $60NZD. Haha. Well no doubt it would have been $80 if there was 4.

Guest Phil Ken Sebben

They aren't alpinas, as alpina has the air valve behind the centre cap.

They aren't alpinas, as alpina has the air valve behind the centre cap.

Not true. The old 'cotton reel' wheels have the valves on the rim just like everything else.

Only the newer Alpina wheels (I think they call them 'softline' or something) have the hidden air valves.

Guest Phil Ken Sebben

Not true. The old 'cotton reel' wheels have the valves on the rim just like everything else.

Only the newer Alpina wheels (I think they call them 'softline' or something) have the hidden air valves.

Ah yes. Wonder what it does to balancing them, having one hollow spoke?

Ah yes. Wonder what it does to balancing them, having one hollow spoke?

Quite likely that all spokes are hollow - more efficient strength to weight wise.

Otherwise, it wouldn't be too hard to add some extra behind the hollow spoke to even the weights out I wouldn't think.

Quite likely that all spokes are hollow - more efficient strength to weight wise.

Otherwise, it wouldn't be too hard to add some extra behind the hollow spoke to even the weights out I wouldn't think.

i doubt all the spokes were hollow, unless they have an amazing new manufacturing process i don't know about