Sign in to follow this  
Drea//Mer

Car too low

Hi everyone,

Ive been recently thinking about lowering my car but i know the springs i have ordered will drop my ride below the 100mm no-certification threshhold, but i was told i could buy suspension spacer things from bmw to install with the springs and raise the ride height a little.

Is this true?? can anyone direct me to a place where i can get such a spacer?? cheers.

(im too poor to have my car certified!)

Why not order different springs? You'll have a legal ride height and most likely better handling/spring rate.

bmw themselves have different "spring pads".An e34 for example can have 3mm or 9mm spring pads..I guess the only downside is they have to be rather thin otherwise the springs wont stay in.?

Why not order different springs? You'll have a legal ride height and most likely better handling/spring rate.

Makes sence to me to.

Graham, got your springs yet??

I need ideas!! :wacko:

i cant really, the springs are on an auction.

I might just save for the certification and install them when i can afford it.

Thanks anyway guys

-Kieran

Like Kiwi535 says - you can use the factor spacers to get a bit more ride height.

Like Kiwi535 says - you can use the factor spacers to get a bit more ride height.

or you can raise your spring platforms like I'm about to do due to my springs sagging and the resultant lose of travel will destroy my Bilstiens. You would think that Jamax or other well known spring manufacturers product wouldn't sag.

Oh well sh*t happens.

or you can raise your spring platforms like I'm about to do due to my springs sagging and the resultant lose of travel will destroy my Bilstiens. You would think that Jamax or other well known spring manufacturers product wouldn't sag.

Oh well sh*t happens.

Can i do this with factory suspension?