Sign in to follow this  
dionin

Newby with E31

Hi Newby here with a E31.... and crikey I'm not finding much by searching on E31 or 840 in the forums...am I alone ???

:wacko:

Dionin

post-2134-1184317980_thumb.jpg

You wont find many 8 series on here lol, but you will find alot of fans of them! welcome, good to see another v8 aboard

Cool. You must be good friends with your bank manager come service time!

Welcome. Where are you based. Would love to see that thing in the flesh (or more to the point - rapidly circling the paddock).

Ahh the ultimate paddock basher.

I like, welcome.

hey m8

nice car, these have gota b one of the best bimmers :)

when i upgrade it will b to 1 of these

welcome!

One of these down my road, the guys had it since new, its perfect and uber hot!

Welcome, I was just thinking the other day how we had no 8's on here..

Wahooooooooooo! Thats very very nice, none on the forum as far as we know.

Very big welcome!

Hi All for the great welcome.

I'm based up in Warkworth and it would be good to join a few events when the sun starts shining again.

Yeah it's a bit steep at service time but worth it for the ride in between ;-)

Shame not much E31 tech info here but have found some already in the US which are well updated.

Mad as I am going for the Nikasil engine block I favoured the V8 over the V12 due to the masses of bad history and write up for the 850. Lucky this 840 came as new with a lot of CSI and sport options. Nicest one I could find in NZ but there are a few more out there as I've passed a nice red 850 between Orewa and Warkworth a few times.

L8rs

Rob

One of these down my road, the guys had it since new, its perfect and uber hot!

Welcome, I was just thinking the other day how we had no 8's on here..

Hey Hi Tower

I lived up in KK for 2 years (Skudders) but never noticed a 8 series... where abouts in KK is it?

Cheers

Rob

Hey Hi Tower

I lived up in KK for 2 years (Skudders) but never noticed a 8 series... where abouts in KK is it?

Cheers

Rob

Must be down Inlet Rd somewhere, I'm just before Rianga and it goes past lots so must live further down. I can easily find out who owns it, spends a lot of time at the same shop as ours do. :)

Emma

Edited by Hi Tower

Hi Newby here with a E31.... and crikey I'm not finding much by searching on E31 or 840 in the forums...am I alone ???

:wacko:

Dionin

Like it says on the X Files, we are not alone...... 1998 840 ci Sport here and I suggest you go to www.clube31.net and have a look around, also www.8coupe.com and the very nice man ( Jud), that runs the site will give you a complete history of your car including a copy of the original build sheet..... There is plenty of help out there.

Good luck and cheers.

post-2155-1185011882_thumb.jpg

wow...thats at least three,there was a blue manual one at Page European when I was there the other day

wow...thats at least three,there was a blue manual one at Page European when I was there the other day

There were 56 850's built for New Zealand along with 19 M60 and 3 M62 840's so there was at least 75 8 Series here plus all the second hand imports. I know of at least 5 of these so my guess is there is probably 100 + 8 Series here.

We'll have to get all the V8's and V12's together for a photo shoot.

Alan, yours is a very nice car too.

Hey Hi Tower

Cheers

Rob

Haha emma- we know who ELSE lives down 'Skudders' beach road eh! hahahah

Like it says on the X Files, we are not alone...... 1998 840 ci Sport here and I suggest you go to www.clube31.net and have a look around, also www.8coupe.com and the very nice man ( Jud), that runs the site will give you a complete history of your car including a copy of the original build sheet..... There is plenty of help out there.

Good luck and cheers.

Hi Alan

Cheers for that good to see another on here.

I'm actally already on those sites and the tech info is great. Jud sent me the build sheet and it made for interesting reading to see the car was built with many CSI options and believe it or not a leaded fuel adaptation.

Where are you based?

BR/

Rob

Hi Alan

Cheers for that good to see another on here.

I'm actally already on those sites and the tech info is great. Jud sent me the build sheet and it made for interesting reading to see the car was built with many CSI options and believe it or not a leaded fuel adaptation.

Where are you based?

BR/

Rob

I am in Titirangi - Auckland but some of our cars are stashed in Botany Downs.

Edited by alant

maybe we should organise an akl meet soon ... bout time I got onto it .. :)