Sign in to follow this  
parriehunter

190E

I was going to get a 190e before I got my 325, they are awesome cars just make sure you get one with a good service history and all that

So pretty much the same as buying any used car. Was more wondering if there certain problems withthem anyone knows of.

Yea they are good looking cars.

Id only bother if it was a cosworth.

This is a bit biast but (Having driven one) I think they are more of a hairdresser car. i.e they dont 'feel' good on the road, harsh cornering etc. Also hard to find manual etc. The prices of merc these days, id go for a c200 or c220, unless you can find a mint 190e

Cheers

Chris

I like them, but they are heavier and their handling and feel isn't as good as e30's IF you want a car to drive. If you want a nice cruiser with european looks and good build quality they are great. These things are used as taxis overseas and do hundreds of thousands of kms no problem.

The 2.3 cosworths go well and I would be aimin for one of them. ther eis a really nice looking example for sle in Classic Car for $9k. They go for much cheaper as well.

From a dealership side of things, our two old service cars have high kays - high 200's and the other early 300's on the original engines (maybe reconditioned)... so thats saying soemthing at least.

Same car advertised in Classic Car mag for $9000. Looks like a good buy. That car is hot.

Edited by bravo

Hey my mate wants to buy a 190E but i was wondering are they a good car, run well etc?

I've had both 190e cosworth, e30 325.

If you're in the market for a general low cost euro then i'd go e30 unless you can get a manual 190e. If yuo're willing to spend a little more money then try pick up a 190e cosworth. Mine was heaps of fun, drove really nicely & was pretty quick for what it was.

They go for arounf $8500+, good condt. will be $9K+

I never had any problems with the 190e, and only owned it for several months, whereas I had the e30 for around 4yrs.

I'd be asking myself:

What do I want the car to for, (weekend cruiser/hack car/daily driver)

How much will I budget for the car,

Cost or parts to replace motor, body panels etc.

If you know these figures then GL and hope you find a car you like. Let us know how you get on.

Laurence.

Guest Rick James

For what its worth, the cosworth heads flow better than the S14 ones do.

The Evo 1 and 2 are M3 rivals, the 2.3-16 and 2.5-16 less so.

If you know these figures then GL and hope you find a car you like. Let us know how you get on.

Laurence.

Well instead of up-grading from his primera, he has decieded to go for a 2-week holiday in thailand....thank you all for your comments and opinions...ill just have to keep trying to talk him into it.

hey

i knew this thread was on here,

as today i got offerd a 1993 190e 2.0 4clyl for my e30 2.0 6clyl

the reason im looking to trade or sale is for petrol would the petrol cost be much diffrent in cost and would i get many more ks, or is it jst not worth it and look alse where.

cheers

My Step Brother had a C220. It broke because he forgot to put transmission fluid in it. Idiot. <_<

They are a nice car with a with that very unique Euro look as with the E30.

yeah i like the shape of them but this one ould need a change of alloys that is for sure.

would the petrol be diffrent thats all im realy worried about.

cheers

hey

i knew this thread was on here,

as today i got offerd a 1993 190e 2.0 4clyl for my e30 2.0 6clyl

the reason im looking to trade or sale is for petrol would the petrol cost be much diffrent in cost and would i get many more ks, or is it jst not worth it and look alse where.

cheers

I don't think there would be a big enough difference in petrol consumption to warrent swaping...Some of the older mercs drink quite well!

but then its not as old its 1993 but gues that is still prity old, should i be looking for somthing thats more 1.8L

cheers

but then its not as old its 1993 but gues that is still prity old, should i be looking for somthing thats more 1.8L

cheers

What about then a manual 318 bmw? I don't no what they are like on petrol but would surely be better than a 320?is yours an auto?

They're larger don't forget. You may end up using your foot more to get the similar 'go' from the green.

yeah mines an auto, yeah i was thinking a 318i but theres none in reason i like atm wells thats talking about an e36, i wouldnt go for another e30

to be honest i wouldnt know haha, but i got way more out when i drove my c200. i never fill my e30 right up. it usualy 20 to 50 bucks when i do haha

my idea with the 190e was fix a few things do it and make it stand out from the others with alot of mates rate stuff and make it for th younger market as 190e's are at the moment and maby get 6-7 grand for it sell it. and then maby look for an white e36 or evn e46 cen some on trademe for 12 - 14 thousand.

i would show you guys the 190e but im not to sure what you would have to say about it

my idea with the 190e was fix a few things do it and make it stand out from the others with alot of mates rate stuff and make it for th younger market as 190e's are at the moment and maby get 6-7 grand for it sell it. and then maby look for an white e36 or evn e46 cen some on trademe for 12 - 14 thousand.

i would show you guys the 190e but im not to sure what you would have to say about it

Fair Enough

As far as modding cars and making money off them it isn't a goer I don't think.

I no what your saying about doing it up and selling it to the younger market,beacause there is a market for those types of cars, im just not convinced you could do it, and make enough cash to make it worth while.

My 2c

Up to you if you post it up the pic -