Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

Newbie with E39 540i

Hi to all, My name is Greg and I've just bought a 1996 E39 540i. New to this forum. I am a camera repairer, so if I can help any member with repairs to 35mm or Digital cameras, just PM me and I'll do my best for you!

Car is standard at present, on the wishlist are Angel/Devil eyes, clear rear lights, Better headlight bulbs!, CPU upgrade, Tints etc etc........ will see how all that goes as far as $$$$ allows!

post-2173-1185228559_thumb.jpg

WElcome. Best 5-series IMO. Good powerplant too. Very nice.

Nice car -

Welcome aboard

Welcome fellow E39 540 owner.

Have just read your thread re headlights. Mine are fuzzy as well but yours don't look too bad compared to mine! Will follow it with interest...

Welcome.

And here's a good tip: if you hate your headlights being squirted all the time by the automatic headlight washer, remove the headlight washer fuse. that's what I did - much better :-)

Another tip: if you don't like the reverse 'ding ding' that the Jap cars do, remove the cover panel above the pedals to reveal the gong, and unplug the connector that has a single wire on it (there's only one). Result: no more 'ding ding' in reverse, but every other gong and ding still works.

Welcome, it's good to see some E39 540's appearing

Nice car. Remember to show up to a driver training with the BMWCC at Ruapuna.

You'll love it down there on those roads.

Very nice! Welcome. Are they motorsport wheels on the car? Cant see from the pic :(

My mate has an absolute physcho camera, She dropped it in alchohol, or ratehr alcohol dropped on it, I'll see if she still wants it fixed shall I?

Very nice! Welcome. Are they motorsport wheels on the car? Cant see from the pic :(

My mate has an absolute physcho camera, She dropped it in alchohol, or ratehr alcohol dropped on it, I'll see if she still wants it fixed shall I?

Standard wheels at this stage - I'd like to change them if I can convince the missus to let me spend the $$$

post-2173-1185497711_thumb.jpg

Yep, happy to look at your mate's camera, just send me a PM and I'll give you address details.

Nice to see another cantab on the board !

very nice car mate.

almost brought one bout two years ago.

nice blend of comfort and haul ass