Sign in to follow this  
McDuck

Newbie with E30 325iC - Dnd

Hi everyone,

I’ve been a member since April and have finally posted an introduction! The sun angle was just right this afternoon, but haven’t gotten around to doing the cut/polish and waxing yet (my apologies).

I’m a Masters student in Anthropology (Archaeology) at the University of Otago and purchased my 1989 E30 325i convertible earlier this year - pre-facelift spec with power hood. Bought this car privately in Otago and am in the process of getting it looking just right: rear screen replacement and leather rejuvenation.

Since joining I have found this forum an amazing resource. Cheers!

Patrick

post-1886-1185858676_thumb.jpgpost-1886-1185858690_thumb.jpgpost-1886-1185858710_thumb.jpgpost-1886-1185858722_thumb.jpg

Hey, nice car. I don't think i have ever noticed your car around before. Looks like it's been maintained pretty well :)

I drive a silver E39 with fairly dark tinted windows, and soon to have 19" mags on it, if ya see me give us a toot.

Guest Ken

Welcome - Nothing like having a large sunroof on days like that!

What's with the McDuck, are you a Carl Barks fan?

Welcome - Nothing like having a large sunroof on days like that!

What's with the McDuck, are you a Carl Barks fan?

Definitely! Especially after that downpour from yesterday... The Dunedin winter has had some lovely sunny days like this. Wow! You know your cartoonists! Yes, I'm a huge Barks fan. Love those classic Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge comics.

Guest Ken

Definitely! Especially after that downpour from yesterday... The Dunedin winter has had some lovely sunny days like this. Wow! You know your cartoonists! Yes, I'm a huge Barks fan. Love those classic Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge comics.

Ah-ha another Unca-Carl fan!!! I've got many of the Gladstone reprints from a few years back, including a full set of the Carl Barks Library (first printing), Uncle Scrooge McDuck, His Life and Times (first printing) and a copy of Uncle Scrooge in Color with a photo of Barks (signed to me). Also have various other publications including a video recorded in Barks' later years.

Definitely good to have you on-board!!!

Ken.

welcome to the site - hot car.

Nice car, looks very tidy and the mtech two kit sets it off. Welcome

Nice car, looks very tidy and the mtech two kit sets it off. Welcome

Thanks. Yeah, am not too sure when that M-Tech 2 body kit was fitted. Most likely an aftermarket addition by the UK owner.

Yeah, mtech II unique on this car as it would have been a custom job being a pre-facelift. Looks nice, but I'm not feeling the wheels and cold be 30mm lower.

Nice interior.

I also am a mcduck fan and have boxes of the comics except mine are all in "very well thumbed" condition - no minters here. I'll dig them out next time you're up this way Ken.

Cheers

Guest Ken

Yeah, mtech II unique on this car as it would have been a custom job being a pre-facelift. Looks nice, but I'm not feeling the wheels and cold be 30mm lower.

Nice interior.

I also am a mcduck fan and have boxes of the comics except mine are all in "very well thumbed" condition - no minters here. I'll dig them out next time you're up this way Ken.

Cheers

Any more "closet" Barks fans out there?

I also am a mcduck fan and have boxes of the comics except mine are all in "very well thumbed" condition - no minters here.

Fantastic to see that others out there also have a hoard of Duck family comics! Cheers.

Welcome - Sweet looking car, worth looking after.

Scruge McDuck was one of my favourites back in the day (the tv show ducktales - not the original)

I love Knox College! Reminds me of a mix between Otago Girls and Otago Boys!

Anthropology hey.... woohoo.

Ride looks mean, cruise is in the pipeline by the way. I'll keep ya updated.

post-377-1186294253_thumb.jpg

Edited by BMW Power

Welcome, very nice car.

Emma, wouldn't a cross between Otago Boys and Otago Girls be, Otago Babies? (or Ferals)

I love knox college too. In my day it was a mix betwenn an Otago boy (me) and otago girls. Up the bum no babies Cain...

Anthropology wooohooo!!!

Ah the [hazy] memories!

Edited by bravo

No Cain, A cross between an Otago Boys boy and an Otago Girls girl would mean a mighty fine young citizen.

Period

(G- Did you go ot OBHS?)

No Cain, A cross between an Otago Boys boy and an Otago Girls girl would mean a mighty fine young citizen.

Period

(G- Did you go ot OBHS?)

Back to Biology class for you Em. You should know that if you end with a period there'll be no fine young citizen.

Nice car! havent seen it around...

but then i havent been on the streets since thrashing my E36 around the place for a while.....

Welcome, very nice car.

Emma, wouldn't a cross between Otago Boys and Otago Girls be, Otago Babies? (or Ferals)

A cross between Otago Boys and Otago Girls would be little Nikita, hahaha.. :lol::P

oh the southern pride has spoken

nice car.

Its gonna be a fun ride when summer rolls around

I love Knox College! Reminds me of a mix between Otago Girls and Otago Boys!

Ride looks mean, cruise is in the pipeline by the way. I'll keep ya updated.

Hey Em,

Thanks for the pic, I know what you mean about the architecture (without getting into any more OBH & OGH jokes). It's a lovely place to live, full of tradition - I'm residing there as the Ross Fellow for the next two years. The Bimmer's not always parked out front like that though! (only when the butler comes to fetch my bags)...

Cheers, looking forward to meeting all of you local members.

Hey Em,

Thanks for the pic, I know what you mean about the architecture (without getting into any more OBH & OGH jokes). It's a lovely place to live, full of tradition - I'm residing there as the Ross Fellow for the next two years. The Bimmer's not always parked out front like that though! (only when the butler comes to fetch my bags)...

Cheers, looking forward to meeting all of you local members.

Yeah - haha. Its absolutely amazing. Its the place I would board at if i wasn't staying with the olds for first year! :P

Ross Fellow eh!? Hmmmm so does the name Gilbert ring a bell?

Cool - I'll keep you updated. Just busy with asessments and the like at the moment.