Sign in to follow this  
McDuck

Newbie with E30 325iC - Dnd

Ross Fellow eh!? Hmmmm so does the name Gilbert ring a bell?

Cool - I'll keep you updated. Just busy with asessments and the like at the moment.

Ha! You know Gilbert, Homeboy/Fellow in Residence! What a small world... not really though with two degrees of separation in Dunners.

Good luck with the workload and don't stress too much!

Yeah - haha. Its absolutely amazing. Its the place I would board at if i wasn't staying with the olds for first year! :P

Don't do it. Halls are the main reason 1st year is badass. will be the best $10K you'll (or parents) ever spend.

Edited by Mike

Agreed. Spent my first year in a hall 8 years ago. Not only was it one of the best years of my life, but my best two friends I met there. We live miles apart, but the catchups are the ones you never forget.

Not to mention if you don't live in the hall there are only 3 types of flatmates you can get in second year - classmates - gay as you all doing the same thing. Old school friends - gay, uni is about making new friends. Random strangers - that comes later.

Ah, hadn't seen this post. Welcome Patrick!

As I've said before, VERY nice car. I love it!

Sent out your stuff again today, those badges are proving popular.

Nice college backdrop too.

there are only 3 types of flatmates you can get in second year - classmates - gay as you all doing the same thing. Old school friends - gay, uni is about making new friends. Random strangers - that comes later.

Amen to that......also never ever flat with couples aswell...that is the worst way to live.

Haha I was a "couple" in a flat for awhile. Worked in one flat - disaster in another.

Nice to see another E30 softie on the forum, need to get it onto 90mile beach sometime!!!

Like this..

Posted Image

Posted Image

but NOT like this... :lol:

Posted Image

Yeah, Gilbert was the ex-neighbour, until a breakup...

For real! 10k on having a badass year? Woweee ok. Uhmmm... this rattles the ship a bit. Are you guys totally sure!? If so, i'll go to Knox.

Will - Long time no see...

I'm pretty sure most people at Knox stay 2 years before flatting, and its real traditional. But my mates who went there loved it. quite a few from school went to Arana, that's sweet too, decent breakfast on sunday mornings which is essential.

I'm pretty sure most people at Knox stay 2 years before flatting, and its real traditional. But my mates who went there loved it. quite a few from school went to Arana, that's sweet too, decent breakfast on sunday mornings which is essential.

Yeah exactly - I love tradition + proud history... so Knox would just be a jumped up Otago Girls for me :)

Arana Hall - You went there? I heard Acquinas isn't so hot...

Yeah exactly - I love tradition + proud history... so Knox would just be a jumped up Otago Girls for me :)

Arana Hall - You went there? I heard Acquinas isn't so hot...

Sorry to jump in the convo..., but what is the best college? And what ones would you otago guys recommend staying away from?

Just out of curiosity.

Sorry to jump in the convo..., but what is the best college? And what ones would you otago guys recommend staying away from?

Just out of curiosity.

Hey, quite alright - sorry about the delay in replying.

I will put on my diplomatic hat and say that it depends what you are after: in terms of distance from campus and town, a college with lots of tradition vs a more youthful one with little or none of that... A large college (Unicol with 500+) or perhaps a more intimate table setting for meals. There are halls known for their study bunnies (St Margarets) and colleges with recent interior refits (Unicol and Arana for example). I encourage you to do your homework before ticking your preferences from 1-10 in the accommodation application form, so you hopefully get what you are after.

Edited by McDuck