Sign in to follow this  
Tomo

Late Introduction

Hi everyone

Ive been lurking :ph34r: around the forums for 18 months now, gathering information and contributing only a little, biding my time... But on sunday i travelled down to wellington to pick up my new ride and joy- a manual e30! :D

A bit about myself- im Tomo from Rothesay Bay on the North Shore of Auckland, i am 18 years old and currently studying first-year business at Massey University in Albany. My other ride is a new Apple Macbook :rolleyes: and a Specialized A1 mountain bike.

Previously i have been driving my parent's spare car, a 1991 e30 318i auto sedan which isnt exactly what ive been wanting but sufficient transport, i also have on occasion managed to wrangle a drive of my dad's e39 528i manual. But now...

... I dont need to! Ive got my own car! It is my first car ive ever owned, its a 12/1987 e30 coupe f/l m40 manual in alpineweiss. ( I :wub: trademe) 189,000kms and mechanically its running perfect, the body has a few tiny spots of rust but otherwise mint. Its got wind up windows, the wind-up sunroof and a panasonic head unit and speakers, and factory power-steering delete, no air con (dont need it with the sunroof) and a lovely wooden shift knob.

Pics now on Cardomain!

Edited by Tomo

welcome. sounds nice, what school did u go to last year?

Hi, Thanks. View Via link in my sig. I went to Rangitoto College last year.

Hi, Thanks. View Via link in my sig. I went to Rangitoto College last year.

ahh yup, i knew a few people who went to rangi, who where you friends with?

ahh yup, i knew a few people who went to rangi, who where you friends with?

Ummm george minton, andrew macdonald, jason daubney, patrick hobin, james muir, jack marsden, keegan goodall, vlad... the russian, wayne blackford to name a few- ring any bells lol?

Welcome fellow student!

Great colour, just love the coupe form. If the manual sunroof bugs you after a while, you might consider a power roof conversion (sometimes seen on TM).

Awesome base! Look after her and she'll do the same for you. I just this very evening finished making sweet love to an e30's wheel bearings, driveshaft bearing, motor mounts, steering linkage and cambelt - she's going to love me for it for months!

Edit: on that note - spend some cash on a good service (fluids/filters) and any worn rubber bits and belts now and it'll pay dividends in the future. I know its a bit of cash out the old wallet and can smart a bit along with all the other new costs that come with car ownership (wof, reg, insurance, gas, accessories, irlfriends that all of a sudden want lifts everyf**kingwhere even though they seemed to manage fine before you got the car...) I digress. Anyway, its worth the short term financial pain for long-term driving enjoyment gain.

Edited by bravo

Welcome fellow student!

Great colour, just love the coupe form. If the manual sunroof bugs you after a while, you might consider a power roof conversion (sometimes seen on TM).

Hey, thanks! Yeah im not fussed about winding my own windows and sunroof- i drive around with it on pop anyway :D

Very nice clean e30, nice pics to,looks like a good location

Hi, and thanks, yeah its a nice as bay to hang out at summer... damn winter <_<

Oh so you are tomnsc!

Nice car, was looking at it myself, but a bit put off by the un-power everything. (Lazy, I know!)

Great Buy, hope you enjoy it.

Awesome base! Look after her and she'll do the same for you. I just this very evening finished making sweet love to an e30's wheel bearings, driveshaft bearing, motor mounts, steering linkage and cambelt - she's going to love me for it for months!

Edit: on that note - spend some cash on a good service (fluids/filters) and any worn rubber bits and belts now and it'll pay dividends in the future. I know its a bit of cash out the old wallet and can smart a bit along with all the other new costs that come with car ownership (wof, reg, insurance, gas, accessories, irlfriends that all of a sudden want lifts everyf**kingwhere even though they seemed to manage fine before you got the car...) I digress. Anyway, its worth the short term financial pain for long-term driving enjoyment gain.

Hi, thanks yeah it was exactly the base i was looking for as my project.. hahaha yeah im definitely experiencing the money sink of a new car but will get on to giving it a proper service before too long.. have to get an alarm installed first then thats next.

Cheers

Oh so you are tomnsc!

Nice car, was looking at it myself, but a bit put off by the un-power everything. (Lazy, I know!)

Great Buy, hope you enjoy it.

Hey, yeah i noticed you were interested in it, i won't say you shouldnt have been put off by the lack of power- everything (although i may eat my words come an a/c-less summer) its a delight to drive as a light car even without power steering, and you only need the windows and sunroof in one position - open - anyway :lol:

Cheers