Sign in to follow this  
charles28

1997 BMW 320i E36

Heya Guys,

This is my 1st BMW, I have owned it for about 3 months now, its got the 5 speed auto, seems to be a face lift model as the auto trans lever is a knob instead of a T-Bar.

The car runs well, and seems to have good power on the open road, but around town shes a bit laggy.

I got it cheap at $5000, was a dealer trade in, 135,000ks on the clock.

is there any basic performance mods I could do to get it moving quicker off the mark?

I assume the stock 0-100 time is a good 10 seconds.. although I havn't bothered timing it.

Thinks it's 11 secs...

Always drive in 'S' Mode.

I have thought about trading it on a manual 325i, havn't driven one, how much faster would it be? annoyingly it will cost a good 12k to get one thats older than the one I got for $5k.. but I guess you pay the price for a manual due to being rarer in NZ

I have thought about trading it on a manual 325i, havn't driven one, how much faster would it be? annoyingly it will cost a good 12k to get one thats older than the one I got for $5k.. but I guess you pay the price for a manual due to being rarer in NZ

all the stats are on wikipedia under 3 series E36 or sumthing...

manual's hold their value well, 325 will be heaps quicker