Sign in to follow this  
perf

*wave - newbie signing in

Well... probably 2nd time for the wipers on the left if you're going to count my horsetruck - but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count at all.

Last week I aquired my first BMW-

I wasn't actually looking for a bmw in particular, just something practical for daily driving (you know: cheap to run, 4 doors to load friends in, big boot to cart junk around, automatic transmission) and this car ended up fitting all the requirements and being kinda pretty to boot.

It's a '96 318is msport

sedan

green with beige leather interior

I'm enjoying it so far, but my boyfriend and I know nothing about Euro type cars (he has 2x RX7s and an MR2) - so no doubt we'll be posting on here asking lots of dumb questions for at least a little while :)

Remember what I told you about chrome??? Well, in this case, I can almost make an exception. If you HAVE to have chrome, this is how to do it.

Still not me though.

Perfect ride height too - not too low at the rear like most e36's with chromes.

Edited by bravo

saw this on trademe, not a fan of chromes, but when i saw this i thought they actualy looked realy good

Nice Ride, No that kean on the bumper IMHO but still a tidy e36.welcome along

:) At the moment I've got the lips off the bumper

think I may actually prefer it that way, but not sure

Can hardly tell in winter anyway - it's dark every time I look at the car!

I thought the chromes were super cute :D

but now I have realised I'm going to have to keep them clean, because after doing a road trip and then driving up and down my muddy driveway for a few days... well yeah - they don't look very nice at all right now :(

The 318 is a well balanced car - they handle well. Welcome.

easy to clean?

maybe easier than the multispoke things, but there was certainly a lot more washing & polishing than normal (even for me, who tends to be a bit crazy about such things)

there appear to be about a million 318's in Wellington, so I guess they must be pretty popular :)

hey not big on the lips at the front but looks cool otherwise, dont get clear tail lights those ones are super cool! nice n shiny :)