Sign in to follow this  
jimbo01

Ordered some german plates

this mite be a dum thing to say but would it be possible to get a plate idea thats not taken ..get a plate off german plate .com and register it here?

this mite be a dum thing to say but would it be possible to get a plate idea thats not taken ..get a plate off german plate .com and register it here?

No. But you can register your personalised plate idea with the LTSA and then have the german version of it made up to put on your car.

I just realised yesterday that I ordered one plate not two lol! Ordered a second this morning.

Edited by Antallica

I settled a cash sale outside of trademe. wonder why he hasn't withdrawn the plates?

Did you get the genuine plates as well as the german ones? You should have if they are legit.

Did you get the genuine plates as well as the german ones? You should have if they are legit.

Good point.

I just realised yesterday that I ordered one plate not two lol! Ordered a second this morning.

Haha I almost did the same thing when I ordered mine. They arrived last friday, took them about 2 weeks to get here.

Got mine last weekend...they look alot better.... Although the first day to work and i got pulled over.......not for the plates though and they didnt even say anything!!! LOL :rolleyes:

Posted Image

I'm so excited, just hurry up and arrive already!!!! I'll be the pretty much only one in town with the euros I think bar one or two.

yeah my new plates were sighted by VTNZ and they had no issue with em, have been pulled over since also and the cop asked my where my 20's were.. hahaha

Sorry to bring bck this thread :S

Ok so when i order my plates from german plates can i order the one on the main homepage for 30 bucks what ever currency it is with the bracket and do i get two plates or what ?

Sorry to bring bck this thread :S

Ok so when i order my plates from german plates can i order the one on the main homepage for 30 bucks what ever currency it is with the bracket and do i get two plates or what ?

No. The prices are only for one plate.

Go to German Plates, then go down and get the two customized plates.

Nick do you have any problem with your plates?

My new car has a set in the boot but much like yours its sort of split down the middle.

Im tempted to put them on and hope for the best...

e30. Ive had mine on for almost a year.

Have been pulled over many many times, but solely for them once. Questioned on them twice. Fined on them nil.

Its at your own risk really

I haven't had any trouble yet mate. Been through a couple police checkpoints and they haven't noticed. I think you have to find a real knob of a cop to bother pulling you over for them.

I don't regret getting them or putting them on. It completes the car IMO.

^ Just keep your old ones in the car with you also, I have some germans too, havn't been pulled over with them yet, but have the plain set in car just in case, may help you get off a fine if you swap them there and then.

Have only been snapped by the guy at BP, apparently they have a new number plate recognition system and obviously it won't pick the fake ones up

YUS!!

Free petrol from BP! :lol:

Thats not a bad idea keeping the originals with you, but then again, it proves you KNEW the plates were illegal. I always plead innocent when a police officer asks

"They were on the car when I bought it"

You can say what you like. Ignorance isn't a defence. The more believable your ignorance, however, the more likely the cop will give you another chance. Most people know when you get personalised plates you hand in your old ones.

Got pulled up last night and the cop noticed my plates...$200 fine but i can get off it if i put my originals back on and go to the cop shop within 7 days and show them, He took photos and all...Gutted... But you can't beat the law...lasted 15 months with them.

^ Sucky Blair, luckily the cops didn't notice mine when I crashed my car, would've been the icing on the cake.

Edited by Forrest

Thinking about getting some myself, bit easier being in HB, police arn't so bad donw here when talking about german plates, quite a few here with them.

I've had to resort back to my originals now instead of my germanplates.com ones, $200 fine for Having them , not fun