Sign in to follow this  
jimbo01

Ordered some german plates

i got a quote for a the euro plate not personalized for 400 at 0800 plates ..thats abit steep sincing you can get a normal personilzed for round there ..

euro plates are a great look i think

anyone bought any off germanplates.com if so how much for the lot plus shipping?

alot of people on here have got them from germanplates.com.

i got mine in the recent group buy and cost about $85 NZD to my house

Most of the guys with euro plates got them from there. About $80 delivered. They are excellent to deal with and reliable. Unfortunately not legal although that doesn't stop most people. Watch the numbers decline with the introduction of new plate-reading toll cameras on the soon-to-be-opened northern motorway extension.

Most of the guys with euro plates got them from there. About $80 delivered. They are excellent to deal with and reliable. Unfortunately not legal although that doesn't stop most people. Watch the numbers decline with the introduction of new plate-reading toll cameras on the soon-to-be-opened northern motorway extension.

Oh yes the good old ANPR (active number plate recognition) however i believe that in the UK as long as the spacing is correct they dont bother picking people up on it (i assume if its good enough to read your plate and send you a fine its good enough to use on the road!!)

ANPR will soon hit the southern motorway its just a matter of time and funding......... :unsure:

Its not stopping me buying some plates though.....

Edited by Heresharry

I made an order last night, should be here within 2 weeks

Gonna place my order next week. very easy site to use.

I have seen a Black VW with one of the white digits on a black face. Kinda cool but i bet he gets the police attention quickly.

Also can get whatever i want on a plate if i order from germanplates.com? ie already taken plates and unacceptable for release plates as there is no check of rego.??

Where did you order from? I believe germanplates.co.nz do not provide the kiwi flag stickers etc

Where did you order from? I believe germanplates.co.nz do not provide the kiwi flag stickers etc

germanplates.com - I ordered standard German one - blue strip on left side with D and EU stars printed on it. Not sure where you can get NZ stickers.

Edited by Simke

Also can get whatever i want on a plate if i order from germanplates.com? ie already taken plates and unacceptable for release plates as there is no check of rego.??

Yes

They no longer offer the nz style plates as they have been threatened with copyright infringement by plates.co.nz

dam any other ways rather than paying 400 bux?:)

The German plates everyone is talking about in this thread are from Germanplates.com, only $80

I'm looking into getting some from autoplates.com. They offer black flag nz plates, a bit more pricey, but i'd prefer they at least look legit.

*edit* typo

Edited by Creaver

I'm looking into getting some from autoplates.com. They offer black flag nz plates, a bit more pricey, but i'd prefer they at least look legit.

*edit* typo

Don't be a wuss and get the plates your car was made to wear! :D

Don't be a wuss and get the plates your car was made to wear! :D

haha, tell me then, I see in your signature, you appear to have german ones with a D, do you get in trouble with cops/wof shops?

haha, tell me then, I see in your signature, you appear to have german ones with a D, do you get in trouble with cops/wof shops?

Haha! Had my plates on for a year now. Had numerous parking tickets, one speeding ticket (cop pulled me over) and the other day I got photographed by a parking warden for stopping on yellow lines (got a ticket in the mail) and no mention of the plates.

Oh, and plates aren't a WOF issue so no need to worry there.

Haha! Had my plates on for a year now. Had numerous parking tickets, one speeding ticket (cop pulled me over) and the other day I got photographed by a parking warden for stopping on yellow lines (got a ticket in the mail) and no mention of the plates.

Oh, and plates aren't a WOF issue so no need to worry there.

stupid peer pressure...ordered the same type as you :P

stupid peer pressure...ordered the same type as you :P

It's the only way to go! Look forward to seeing them on the car.

Ordered lunchtime and as of 5 minutes ago an email came along saying they have been shipped. Strange cause some guy said he's email me pics before they went.

Why is it a trademe pic?

Because i bought them off trademe :huh:

Because i bought them off trademe :huh:

Are they just for fun, or do you have "BMDUBS" registered as a legit plate?

EDIT: I'm confused... these plates are still for sale.

Edited by gannetboy