Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Part Numbers

Can someone please help me here. I am after the comparative part numbers for the following components for both the Motronic E30 320i and Motronic E30 325i's (maybe they are the same part numbers, if so I want to know that too)

The parts are:

1) Injectors

2) Air Flow Meter

3) Throttle Body

4) Fuel pump

If anyone has the ETK CD, your assistance would be great (I have the CD's, but for some reason they refuse to load onto my laptop. They worked fine on my old PC that I have since gotten rid of).

Cheers

________________320i______________325i

1) Injectors______13 64 1 726 989_____13 64 1 731 357(lucas) 13 64 1 734 776 (bosch)

2) Air Flow Meter__13 62 1 710 539_____13 62 1 286 615 & 13 62 1 710 543(only for heavy duty)

3) Throttle Body___13 54 1 716 063&4___13 54 1 716 066(auto) 13 54 1 726 260(man)

4) Fuel pump______16 14 1 179 992 (appers to be the same for all facelift E30's incl M3)

hope that helps Grant

Excellent, thanks heaps Glenn.

Now I can check the part numbers of all these bits to see what parts I have (I have become obsessed with seeing why my HP curve peaks so early).

I want to discount all of the easy things before I consider changing the cam.

I am also pleased that they all use the same fuel pump, as checking that would be a pita (and I wouldn't bother).

Cheers

All of your parts will have a part no. on them, usually the last 7 digits only.

you are still using the 320 ecu aren't you?? maybe the prob??

Borrow Andrews 325 ecu while he isn't using his 325.

Yeah, I am trying to track down a 325i ECU to borrow, to see if that is the problem.

I was talking to Andrew last night, his car will be ready in a couple of days, so using his ECU will be out of the question (he is itching to get into the 325, and run it in).

What I am wondering is that once the engine has hit 4800 rpm's (when the HP peaks and then drops off rapidly) is that the ECU, injectors/ AFM is pushing as much air/petrol as it can, yet this is still below what the engine is capable of pushing though? i.e., maybe the injectors in the car are 320i ones and have a smaller capacity than 325i ones etc.

Does this make sense?

I am planning to eliminate all of the possible reasons one by one (starting with the easiest ones).

Cheers

well daves car does the same thing......and his is a 320....but i dont think it would be the ecu...ask ollie if his does it.....didnt you replace your injectors awhile back? i presume with 325 ones.....throttle body sounds likely suspect. if all else fails....get a link!

Where abouts are the part numbers located on the AFM and the injectors?

Can I see them without having to remove them?

Cheers

Guest Andrew

Dave's/My car aren't motronic - my pulling problem was fixed by the large timing advance.

Grant I think your cam should be OK having a think about it - even the 320 cam is relatively similar to the 325 cam. My money is on the ECU. Yeah my car will be coming home with me tommorow sorry.

Yeah, I have been doing a lot of thinking about why the HP is peaking so early, here are my thoughts.

Either, for some reason the amount of air able getting in, or the amount of fuel being pushed through the injectors is insufficient for the size of the cylinders (remembering that my engine is now at 2.7l). This leads me to wonder whether either the AFM, TB or Injectors are not the ideal size. I notice that that the part number on the AFM is from a 320i and not the 325i engine (however a physical comparison of the two mean that they look identical).

My other thought, is in line with Andrew's, and that as I still have a 320i ECU in my car, and maybe it still has the 320i chip in it (which I was scpetical of, but am not so sceptical of now), then the mapping of this does not allow a sufficient flow of fuel (and/or air) into the combustion chamber, and therefore retarding power at the HP peak of 4,800rpm's.

Therefore I am keen to try swapping my 320i ECU with a 325i one, and see if that makes a difference.

Does what I type make sense....or am I just full of sh*t and way off the mark?

Cheers

Guest Andrew

Yeah, I have been doing a lot of thinking about why the HP is peaking so early, here are my thoughts.

Either, for some reason the amount of air able getting in, or the amount of fuel being pushed through the injectors is insufficient for the size of the cylinders (remembering that my engine is now at 2.7l). This leads me to wonder whether either the AFM, TB or Injectors are not the ideal size. I notice that that the part number on the AFM is from a 320i and not the 325i engine (however a physical comparison of the two mean that they look identical).

My other thought, is in line with Andrew's, and that as I still have a 320i ECU in my car, and maybe it still has the 320i chip in it (which I was scpetical of, but am not so sceptical of now), then the mapping of this does not allow a sufficient flow of fuel (and/or air) into the combustion chamber, and therefore retarding power at the HP peak of 4,800rpm's.

Therefore I am keen to try swapping my 320i ECU with a 325i one, and see if that makes a difference.

Does what I type make sense....or am I just full of sh*t and way off the mark?

Cheers

You have to look below the 4800 rpm mark also - your car doesn't pull MUCH harder than a normal 325. There is something not right.

It pulls hard enough at the moment under 4,800 rpm's at the moment, and has a good looking dyno chart up to the 4800 mark.

My aim is to get it pulling, and generating HP right until redline.

I may have to go aftermarket ECU.

Guest Andrew

It pulls hard enough at the moment under 4,800 rpm's at the moment, and has a good looking dyno chart up to the 4800 mark.

My aim is to get it pulling, and generating HP right until redline.

I may have to go aftermarket ECU.

Link Link Link do it - would it suck if it where a mechanic problem though

grant car die, grant car die

muhahah

not that its likely

punk

grant car die, grant car die

muhahah

not that its likely

punk

$100 says your car is dead and cremated well before mine!!!