Sign in to follow this  
purepump

Overseas newbie seeking directions

Hi guys! First up, my ride:

post-2270-1188664013_thumb.jpg

post-2270-1188663874_thumb.jpg

As I'm heading over your way soon for my honeymoon trip, need a few pointers to where I can find tune up parts for my E36 M3 (S50B30 5MT, naturally). Yes I know the trip isnt meant for me to go digging for parts etc. but hey, better setup the boundary the earliest you get a chance to, right fellas? XDD

Alright, I used to go to Richard at Lifestyle Motorsport when they were running Craig and Jason's E36 touring cars some 8-9 years ago. They no longer there? What I'm most keen to look for are lightweight interior/exterior panels & perspex windows, while other goodies I'm surely open to as well.

Any advise where I may locate local tuneup shops for new/used parts, race-team backing garages, the lot (almost anywhere in the country, that is)?

Firstly, welcome and a nice car too.

International Motosport is now International Porsche (off memory) and Lyall's new set-up is in Pollen St, Grey Lynn. So there are still one or two guys there left over from BMW Motorsport.

Conrod is probably the best person to help on the site for those guys.

You could try DCH Motorsport in Christchurch and ask for Richard. Previously I would have suggested Graeme Clyde, but he is now working for Richard, so it's a 1 stop shop. The racing E36's are worked on here. However, most of them are the 4 door Super Tourers.

Mal Clarke at bygone autos, maybe?

Enjoy the honeymoon.

Porsche heh..? I'll pay a visit there anyway instead of being empty handed in Auckland then.

Yes I read several mentions of DCH here also, but do they have a website or email anything?

Bygone, where's it located?

Cheers Cane

And thats one sick conversion going V8 on an E30, any walkthrough diaries to share?