Sign in to follow this  
Marcel 323Ti

20th May Zandvoort Circuit

Hi guy's

Last Thursday i had a great trackday(evening) at the famous Zandvoort circuit in the dunes nearby Amsterdam.

It was a festival of speed with 1/4 mile races, burnout contests and a lot of car-clubs.

Around 5 pm they opened the track for us.

It was a nice mix of car's (EVO VI, many Impreza WRX's, many e30's, 2 R34 Skylines, e46 M3, 2 Integra Type R's and some more great stuff.

The first few laps i just followed the whole group to see what kind of drivers where in.

After 3 laps i started to gained some speed and tried to concentrate on the good lines. First i spended some time behind a Alfa 75 (great car's) but in straight lines it went to slow for me so i passed by.

Then i came behind a Subaru Impreza Turbo WRX. Everybody knows that Impreza's have rubbish brakes, so this guy was blocking me for several laps. At some parts he was a littlebit faster, but when the speed gets higher, my Compact was the quiker car. (i was suprised)

When i passed him he tried to get back his position with a madman's action. Unbelievable this kind of guy's. Whats in their minds? They think they get points fot it?

So another few laps he was blocking me untill he made a mistake and i passed him on a fair way.

After that i did not see him anymore, and i was able to concentrate on the lines and speed again.

Again i was suprised by the brakes of my car. It's all standard stuff, and even some guy's in special prepared e30's where suprised about my braking power, corner after corner. (my set is now 2 years old with lots of Nurburgring and other circuit km's)

After all a great day with great weather. My Pirelli P Zero Nero's behaved very nice so comming Sunday they can proof themself at the legendary Nurburgring again.

Cheers,

Marcel (don't forget the GP of Monaco!!! :P )

Marcel

I take it that your insurance is void once you are on the track?

It must get pretty scary (and potentially expensive) when idiots are acting like the WRX you were describing.

Give us a full report from the Nurburging as well after your visit next weekend.

Cheers