Sign in to follow this  
m540i

M540i

Hi all Darren here just picked up and '97 540i Msport, It was the one on Trademe with the 18in ACSchnitzer alloys,

This is my second BMW I had a E30 325se in the UK that I loved to bits, It's a JAP import so needs the SATNAV sorting.

I had test drove a 525 and 528 but they were pretty lame compared to the 540, the bloody thing just keeps pulling and the Tiptronic means I can have fun out of town but pop it into drive for the Mway.

Great stuff! I live way up the Northwestern so have an hours drive to work each day and driving in an old nissan diesel was driving me mad. Got up early this morning just to have the roads to myself!

Righto off for a SSS before work, By the way I've got a couple of kids and work in IT and love anything with an engine, or that takes 7.62mm nato ;)

Cheers

Dazzer the chav

I'll stick some photo's up once I have some

Yep, I'll go along with that - hard to keep foot off in my 540i too! Although, I put $50 gas in it last week, I have travelled 150kms since then and the fuel light is on!!! :(

Still, I knew that when I bought it.

One question - what is the difference between a 540i MSport and a M5 ??

ENJOY !!!! :):)

540i Msport has the motorsport suspension pack and bodykit and aftermarket alloys and has the Tiptronic Auto Trans and M62B44 V8

M5 had the six speed manual and the S62 V8 which made another 100bhp or so more than the M62B44, bigger brakes harder suspension better seats etc..

the M5's over here are way to expensive and being manual aren't much good for all the commuting I do. I would love one but it would just annoy the hell out of me sat in traffic in a 400bhp monster!

I've been thinking of going for a Dinan stage 2 chip but I don't know if anyone in NZ does the Dinan ECU uploads.

The direction I'd like to take

Bloody expensive Shows what you can get out of the M62B44 with just a software upgrade and intake / exhaust and supercharger

Or should I just leave the thing alone?

I love 540s well done mate good choice! there is a manual 540m here in rangiora in light metalic blue with 18inch deep dish original bbs alloys it is sooooooooo hot and sounds amazing

Welcome Darren

Looking forward to some pics.

Gidday Darren,

sounds like a very nice motorcar!

The Dinan Supercharged weapon sounds very tempting...

Hello Darren and welcome. You made mention of sat/nav in your ride. We have just the man for you if you wish to get it up and running be quick the man you need is Jochen he is the expert in that field. pic's please

Cheers Allan