Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

stuff to be fixed

okay i have been looking at a 320i E30 and just wondereing if anyone has any ideas of cost or even have the parts for these things

-front and back brake pads and discs or drums (dnt know wat kind it uses)

-starter motor

-drive shaft (possibly)

-engine mounts (possibly)

-spark plug leads

thanks in advance for the help

okay i have been looking at a 320i E30 and just wondereing if anyone has any ideas of cost or even have the parts for these things

-front and back brake pads and discs or drums (dnt know wat kind it uses)

-starter motor

-drive shaft (possibly)

-engine mounts (possibly)

-spark plug leads

thanks in advance for the help

well it wont have drums all round..

how much is the car for? may just be more sensible to go for one that doesnt have these probs...anyway ill do my best

discs (front) are around 125 each

pads around 50 for 2?? maybe 4

why do you need a new driveshaft? never heard of that....could be the flex disc...140

engine mounts...dunno but nasty amount of work too..not easily DIY

sparkplug leads are sold by the metre...cant remember exact figure but was gonna cost me around 100 to replace all mine

keep in mind 320s are hard on gas....is it auto? pre facelift? and current gas prices arent gonna get any cheaper anytime soon...maybe a 318 would be better? and then sell it and get a 325 when you a bit more experienced (no offence intended..but everyone who is learning to drive is crap....i hit a tree) anyway man let us know how it goes...its about time!

its a facelift auto 320i im getting it petty cheap like $1300 or so and i got extra money to spend on it etc

with the engine mounts i was told it might need new rubber things? or somthing

i say hang out and wait for one without problems, my brothers 1990 320 was 3,500 and is MINT. no problems whatsoever. bastards got leather too.

its got a new warrent and rego and got its warrent form team micmillan last month so it does go good

if its been checked out, sweet, but bear in mind the frustration of fixing and replacing original bits n pieces when you really want to be up-grading and modding....

its true...replacing random bits of trim and sh*t isnt much fun....and there is so many other mint ones out there..however it seems a pretty good price and if you can do work yourself or somehow persuade someone else to do it...actually we will hopefully sort out something with mechanic shortly...its all good...got any pics?

unless you can get some kind of discount on the trim. the front plastic kind.

you know what im talking about gus.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by speakeasy

its a facelift auto 320i im getting it petty cheap like $1300 or so and i got extra money to spend on it etc

with the engine mounts i was told it might need new rubber things? or somthing

Its not that green one on trade me is it?That claims to be a 86 even though its a facelift.

....i hit a tree

and a curb and other things we havnt been told about yet!

P\/\/n3d!!!!one!!!1!!

sorry man, i had to - it was quite a good post you made - im guessing youve had to buy all these parts recently! :D