Sign in to follow this  
EVLE30

New Member, Old Fan

Hi All! Thought i'd finally join up, as i'm now on my third beemer!

i currently have an 1990 E30 318i, lowered on 17" BBS Race Rims, tinted windows and HKS Filter system. previosly owned a e36 320i and a e30 318c (yes carburrated) which i converted the shoddy old solex carb to a 32/36 Weber.

i'm currently looking for anyone with a motorsport kit to fit a 4 door facelift. also after a tip on which brand exhaust system to use.

Have a good one!

Welcome. Pics of car? Where did you get your wheels from?

Welcome. Pics of car? Where did you get your wheels from?

will get some pics up shortly. the wheels were on the car when i got it. blimin nice wheels though!

Guest Rick James

Gotta be 16" RS. The only BBS race wheel that will fit. (Unless they're E30 / E26 / E42 etc etc)

Gotta be 16" RS. The only BBS race wheel that will fit. (Unless they're E30 / E26 / E42 etc etc)

i'm not sure if they are true race wheels or if they're road and track, the guy at magwarehouse.com wanted to buy them back off me though for his merc.....and this is what he told me they were. will get some pics up soon.

just pricing up a Wetterauer chip for it. next on the list is a sex change (auto at the moment!)

Dont bother with the VERY expensive Wetterauer chip just get one from Ant on www.e30zone.co.uk his chips are just as good if not better and about $150nz. Infact i prob wouldnt even bother at all on a 318 to be honest, you will get bugger all gain mate.Save your money

Dont bother with the VERY expensive Wetterauer chip just get one from Ant on www.e30zone.co.uk his chips are just as good if not better and about $150nz. Infact i prob wouldnt even bother at all on a 318 to be honest, you will get bugger all gain mate.Save your money

Thanks for the advice mate! what would you suggest for extra horsepower? nice car by the way!

Thanks for the advice mate! what would you suggest for extra horsepower? nice car by the way!

No probs at all, ive pretty much been there and done that and to be honest i wouldnt bother trying to gain hp out of a 318.The most effective per $ (around $700-900) mod you could do to yours is change it to a m20b25 2.5l e30 engine and even then your only talking about 160-170hp at best. Hope this helps dude (i dont mean to put you off modding it, but its a long and very expensive road to get any decent power gain from a 318 and its just not worth it imo) BTW you will most likely lose power formm a pod filter if thats what your thinking

No probs at all, ive pretty much been there and done that and to be honest i wouldnt bother trying to gain hp out of a 318.The most effective per $ (around $700-900) mod you could do to yours is change it to a m20b25 2.5l e30 engine and even then your only talking about 160-170hp at best. Hope this helps dude (i dont mean to put you off modding it, but its a long and very expensive road to get any decent power gain from a 318 and its just not worth it imo) BTW you will most likely lose power formm a pod filter if thats what your thinking

Cheers mate! yeah nah not putting a pod filter on it, no point with the standard AFM on it!