Sign in to follow this  
Homy.D.Clown

Exaust hookups

hey im wanting to get a new sports exaust system made(or otherwise obtained)

for my car.. only thing is i cant find anywhere thats done them...(that i can really trust to be good work anyway) ..as i understand the BMW exaust is a bit more complicated than ya normal jappa.

so yeah if anyone knows a place thats done some good work...maybe for some BMW raceteam or something

maybe one of you has some contacts at one of the BMW places you can check for me

cheers

If you are looking for a nice tidy install I'd try and find an off the shelf exhaust system.

Otherwise, get out the mig, chop the cats out & replace the muffler!! DIY stylz

Guest Spargo

Check out the US Racing Dynamics website, they have wholesale's and group buys all the time, i'd wager you could snag an exhaust for cheep (like the budgie)

Off racing dynamics site:

Warning to our U.S. and Canadian Customers.

Racing Dynamics S.p.A. of Milan, Italy is no longer supplying its products to Electrodyne, Inc. and Racing Dynamics Inc.  These companies, both based in Alexandria, VA, registered the Racing Dynamics trademark in the U.S. and Canada, and are manufacturing some products that are 1:1 copies of our original designs (such as the Tornado AeroKits), as well as promoting the sale of such products on their web sites by using copyrighted images that they illegally downloaded off our site.

This situation has created a lot of confusion amongst BMW owners and our loyal customers alike, as most of them believe that Racing Dynamics brand products are only the ones manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. in Europe.  They are instead being sold products that are either copies of our original designs, or were never developed by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. in the first place.

We apologize for this situation and wish to reiterate to the BMW community that:

any new product sold in the U.S. and Canada under the Racing Dynamics brand name, after January 1, 2003, is most likely NOT manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A., therefore, no assurances can be given that it is an original Racing Dynamics S.p.A. product.

If you intend to purchase the original tuning products from Racing Dynamics S.p.A., please note that such products are only available in the U.S. and Canada under the RDSport® brand name.

Mitchell and Mitchell in Ohaupo (I think) fabricate just about anything

and they do a damn good job. They also do all the Porter Hire race vehicles too.

You want to get the baddest ass Mandrel bent system you can find. Make sure there is not a pipe bender in site if you want a really sh*t hot setup. Id guess on about 2 1/2 inch or 3" Mandrel.

But thats just my 5c worth with swedish rounding.

Can some one explain a bit more on those exhaust ??

mandrel ?crush bent ?armadilo bends ???

Or point me to a website that explains it .. thanks .. :banghead:

Guest Spargo

After some exhaustive research (groan...)

Mandrel: A madrel of similar diameter is plled thru the tube at the same time, keeping nearly the same internal diameter as a straight section.

Press: Tooling remains external to the tube, resulting in flow loss.

Armadillo: Homy's usual bed partner.

you can buy s/steel for about $30/m 3" dia. from mirco metals. nation wide.

and s/steel corners. if you know sumone who can weld alloy.

yes i know, you wrk at a panel shop so you might me able to do it your self.

I make my own exhausts.

I just buy straight pipe and the premade U-bends, they are pressbent properly (hardly any diff in X-sectional area around the bend), not using one of the whory benders they have at pit-stop/midas etc...

Just don't by $10 mufflers, you get what you pay for!!

You can weld can't you Homy!?!?! STOP BEING FRICKEN LAZY AND DIY IT!!!!

armadillo bends arent exactly bends...instead of bending the pipe at all, they cut the straight pipe in sections with one side wider than the other...add a few of these wedge shape sections together and weld em up..looks kinda like a armadillos armour.

looks freeking cool on stainless.

so you all know how the tuning of exausts go....smart mofos..i dont..and cant be arssed learning, course i could get some monkey to throw in a piece of pipe and say wot a lovely sound my car makes ..but seem to have lost all the power..oops

no i want some good quality...possibly proven system...that means muffler too...the piping is f**k all to do..its more finding a good supplier of quality mufflers....

EAD to DIY..i work on cars all day long so it makes working on my own a bit tedious... :mellow:

well just work on mine then brother. B)

..chrrrk..NEGATIVE

well maybe some seats installing .....just gotta find the time to do it bro.

found some pirate cool system in the states dat i want...fairly $$...but the worst is its gonna cost like $400 just for shipping...dam i think that just answered that one...unless i go flippy and $pend like bitch in a shoe sale...hmm might ask 4 a raise..lol

ahh im so confused.... :confused:

saturday morning bro ;)

ill bring the bourbon B)

Guest Speedye30

Armadillo? That's just bullshit slang from motherfcukers that don't know sh*t. My flatmate Chris has a high frequency tig which ramps slowly... Perfect for stainless tube. He just recently made a 2 1/2" system using a long length of tube and about 3 90 deg bends (you just cut segments and weld them together to make the desired system) for his nissan bluebird sss (yes it's turbo, yes it's a sleeper... bmws need not race it... unless the driver want's to leave with a red face).

well pardon my slang..but saying segmented tig welded motherfukin bends gets a bit long to type and say...or maybe the people that claim to know 'sh*t' have another secret name..?

and aren't all bluebird SSS turbos, factory sleepers...?they just look so...normal

..yay for chris..YAY..

hmm 2 1/2 inch...kinda small for a turbo motor isnt it..or is it a smallish turbo hes running