Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

Old fan, new member

Guest 540Si

Hey everyone

I've been a fan of BMWs for quite a while and just recently sold my E34 535i which I enjoyed, bought for a song and it always did me proud. Have just replaced it with a car I've had my eye on over the years - I know a former member here used to own it too.

Moved down to sunny Napier after years in Auckland too so will do most of my cruising sunroof open!

Here's my new baby: Techno Violet E34 1994 540iS with 6 speed manual box. On bilstein suspension with LSD out of a 750. When I first knew the car it had beautiful 17" motorsport weaves but now it has 18" Beyern 5's. Exhaust is aftermarket too and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but everyone certainly knows you're driving an 8.

There's a few things need addressing on the car (mostly cosmetic) but it puts a big smile on my face every time I look at it.

Cheers!

Simon

post-2351-1190858778_thumb.jpg

post-2351-1190858753_thumb.jpg

Welcome mate,Now thats a nice five! mmmmm 6speed v8

Guest 540Si

Welcome mate,Now thats a nice five! mmmmm 6speed v8

Cheers

I'm learning a lot about rev limiters while working on my 0 - 100 time :D

Looks very nice!!

Need a photo shoot with you and cain and some nice light, techno violet & calypso red together, mmmm.

The wheels aren't as nice as it could have, but reasonably unoffensive.

Have fun with the rev limiter ;)

Guest 540Si

We know that car - welcome

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes I'm sure you do. And I'm pretty sure there aren't too many around.

I vaguely knew one of the previous owners (a member here) and had to look at it every day when we were in the Air Force together. But now she's mine! :lol:

I expect to be jumping into the tech support soon with plenty of questions and the need for some advice.

Guest 540Si

is that the one with quite high ks and very light colour interior?

Yip! That'd be the one.

Km's up around 365 now and it has light grey leather interior with recaros

hehe nice to see you own it now and are have it back in the community. Charly use to own it last year sometime I believe.

Maybe get the DTM tips / exhaust re hung set it back a little, so its closer to the rear valance. And when you can, change the wheels to something a bit more period specific (not nessicarily old either :) ) maybe something mesh ? .. :P .. im biased

welcome though man! :) .. nice to see you've joined.

Guest 540Si

Nice One :)

Hope to see it round

Cheers! Likewise will be looking for yours too. Have seen a couple of really nice E34's down here in the Bay but not your E28 yet.

Take it easy mate ^_^

Guest 540Si

hehe nice to see you own it now and are have it back in the community. Charly use to own it last year sometime I believe.

Maybe get the DTM tips / exhaust re hung set it back a little, so its closer to the rear valance. And when you can, change the wheels to something a bit more period specific (not nessicarily old either :) ) maybe something mesh ? .. :P .. im biased

welcome though man! :) .. nice to see you've joined.

I think you're right about the exhaust - that's the part that bothers me the most (maybe the noise too!) and to be honest it's rubbing against the opening in the valance and all that heat there worries me.

I didn't like the wheels initially, especially since I remember the original 17" BBS 3 piece ones (with gold mesh if I recall correctly) but they're growing on me now so I'm in no hurry I guess :P

But cheers anyway, I'm enjoying being part of the club