Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

BIG Sunday drive

Guest 540Si

POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Hey everyone

following on from the "put the word out" topic - for those of us not likely to make an Auckland meet I've got an idea for a "Sunday drive" right bang in the middle of the North island. Trying to make the distance fair on everyone and maybe encourage a reasonable turnout from all over.

I've come up with a bit of a plan ;) and welcome any input but basically here goes!

Sunday 28th October (weekend AFTER WORLD CUP!!) probably as early as is fair for everyone to get there

Meet/start in Tokoroa (awesome I know) Will take me most of 2 and half hours for me to get there from Napier. About same for you guys in Auckland.

Circuit round Lake Taupo (the back way - awesome roads, have stretched some road rules down there in my time :D )

Here's my quick map, see what you think. Like I said, I welcome any improvements/ideas

Cheers!

Si

post-2351-1191538363_thumb.jpg

Edited by 540Si

I won't make it, but awesome.

To all of you wanting to do drives, take note - this is how you do it. You don't muck around asking everyone what they want. You set a date, a time and a route and those that can show will.

Good work, should be a good run.

Guest 540Si

I won't make it, but awesome.

To all of you wanting to do drives, take note - this is how you do it. You don't muck around asking everyone what they want. You set a date, a time and a route and those that can show will.

Good work, should be a good run.

Cheers Bravo

And I'm hoping that I won't be a lonely 5 amongst all those wee E30's ;)

Hey everyone

Sunday 28th October

......... it's a GO on my calendar !

Your call - suggestion only - " final " farewell at the Wairakei Cafe (just north of BP) on the left -

heaps of parking, nice & quiet.

You confirm it & we will put the word out.

Paul & Marg - E30 2 Door

Guest 540Si

Hey everyone

Sunday 28th October

......... it's a GO on my calendar !

Your call - suggestion only - " final " farewell at the Wairakei Cafe (just north of BP) on the left -

heaps of parking, nice & quiet.

You confirm it & we will put the word out.

Paul & Marg - E30 2 Door

Hey

That's cool with me.

This is the last sunday of the month and just after the Targa week finishes (Sat 27th). I know it might be a bit of a trek for some people but there could be some pretty good convoys coming from the south and north. I'm keen for a mid-morning start/meet, say around 1030-1100? Early start for those of us travelling to get there or late maybe if you take your tent the night before!

Guest 540Si

I see the Wellington guys have planned their mystery tour for the same day as this, so unless there's some interest from those further north, east and west...

Maybe we can drop this idea and try again some other time? I'm still pretty keen and I'd recommend the trip - great roads, very long and lonely ;)

Si

dont worry about us.....our run is also combined withthe car club.Its still worth doing isnt it?

Guest 540Si

dont worry about us.....our run is also combined withthe car club.Its still worth doing isnt it?

Hey Paul

Yeah I don't mind either way - I just whipped up the map the other morning after a wee lightbulb went off. But there's no reason at all that this one (or something like it) can't be done some other time. I'm only interested in the trip if the numbers are there to make it interesting.

Your day sounds pretty cool but a little out of reach for me in Hawkes Bay (this time!)

I'm just keen to see if there's much interest. Maybe i'm being a bit too ambitious with a first up cruise concept!

Cheers

Simon

our run isnt too far from you....it starts at manakau which is 10 k south of levin..thats the most southern point really.Have a think about it.

I like those roads. Usually drive them once every two months.

You should think about the Rangipo loop.

Up around SH46, I think.

Im in search for a mystery.

Edited by bumpstop325

Yeh we should have a mega meet somewhere.

Keen for something like this bimmersport meet, looked wicked

Edited by GIJoel

I'm keen for this sort of trip although the 28th doesn't suit, off to Surfers with the kids for a week on that day. But go ahead, that road is awesome.

Guest 540Si

our run isnt too far from you....it starts at manakau which is 10 k south of levin..thats the most southern point really.Have a think about it.

Well I might be persuaded actually - I'm a slut for a good meet! If (as it seems) there's not much interest in this drive then I'll look at jumping in on the Magical Mystery tour with you guys instead. Like you say, not really that far of a stretch from here - not much different than what I was planning really.

So, if I bail on my own trip (SHAME!) was there anyone keen on coming who just hadn't piped up yet? I don't mind postponing this run - it's definitely worth doing in the future.

And GIJoel, as a local Bay man, what do you reckon?

Cheers

Si

Well I might be persuaded actually - I'm a slut for a good meet! If (as it seems) there's not much interest in this drive then I'll look at jumping in on the Magical Mystery tour with you guys instead. Like you say, not really that far of a stretch from here - not much different than what I was planning really.

So, if I bail on my own trip (SHAME!) was there anyone keen on coming who just hadn't piped up yet? I don't mind postponing this run - it's definitely worth doing in the future.

Cheers

Si

Hey Si,

I'll update the "Myster Drive" thread later on today and note you as a possible..

I think there are a few members in Hawkes bay that i'll Pm and see if they are keen also.

It's going to be a great day!!

I'm sure that if you can make it to the "Mystery Drive" we have on the 28th then a few of us would most definately oblige and come along to your drive if it's postponed to a different weekend :D

Hope to see you there!!!

Laurence.

Cheers

Si

Yeh could be possible, need a few more people to come though. A few of us mite be going out for another drive back of Havlock way. Send you a PM when we next go.

So what is the final decision for Taupo - via Tokoroa ?

My trans died last Monday, but I would use the 4 door if the '88 is not running.

If there is not enough numbers for central North Island, then how about a concentrated effort to Manfield on November 28 and December 2nd for the Sprints ?

Paul - E30 Is !

Cheers

Si

So what is the final decision for Taupo - via Tokoroa ?

My trans died last Monday, but I would use the 4 door if the '88 is not running.

If there is not enough numbers for central North Island, then how about a concentrated effort to Manfield on November 28 and December 2nd for the Sprints ?

Paul - E30 Is !

A few of us will be at the surgery interrmarque sprints as it the BMW club (And Porches) turn to run it.