Sign in to follow this  
jimbo01

New Wheels on our SLK

Went to Dave Hadley tyres this morning - they are going to get back to me with a price on Monday. Will check out Mark at mag and Tyre DEirect on Monday. Thanks.

cool Mark has 4 225/35/19 Eagle F1'S IN STOCK, you could have had them today :P

cool Mark has 4 225/35/19 Eagle F1'S IN STOCK, you could have had them today :P

I'm only after 2 tyres for the front - and will be getting Yokohama's to match the rears (the 245/35R19's which gives me the old front tyres as a spare pair of rears).

An update.

I put 225/35ZR19 Dunlop SP Sport Maxx on today at the front - riding better, and plenty of clearance - all up including a wheel alignment $770 frokm Tony's Tyre Centre in Wellington.

So now thats sorted went to Blair Wright for a quote to roll the guards properly and repainted.

I checked out the crowd on railway avenue that someone recommended. Guy was helpful - agreed the tyre's were too big (by about an inch) - and gave me a print out of what should be on the car. I would have done a deal except he said 265/30/19's would be OK on the rear. My research indicated 255 is the maximum for an 8.5" rim so I decided to pass.

Are you still looking for these? A friend of mine had some (from a 03 E55), will enquire as to there whereabouts and price

I would be interested in more info - what does he want for them? Are they compatible with a 2000 SLK?