Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Has anyone here driven a VW Passat W8?

Mate of mine is looking at a W8 Passat. Has anyone here driven one, or owned one?

How would it compare to a 540i (which Im pushing him to buy)?

No but I have driven a 2005 V6 4 motion and was seriously underwhelmed vague steering soft power delivery and squishy suspnesion that meant it bottomed out on every speed hump and foot path crossing because it was fitted with sports suspension and a body kit.

Too much weight in the front high up and I would imagine the W8 is worse as it is a heavier engine.

E 39 540 would sh*t all over it

Yeah thought that would be the case. I owned a Passat 1.8T - horrible car.

Only VW to own is the new Golf GTi, all others are dodgy. This comes from bitter experience!

Test drove the new Passat diesel once. It went, and waited and waited and waited, then the turbo kicked in. WTH? Maybe they should learn from E60 535d. Now that's a diesel.

No but I have driven a 2005 V6 4 motion and was seriously underwhelmed vague steering soft power delivery and squishy suspnesion that meant it bottomed out on every speed hump and foot path crossing because it was fitted with sports suspension and a body kit.

Too much weight in the front high up and I would imagine the W8 is worse as it is a heavier engine.

E 39 540 would sh*t all over it

Only VW to own is the new Golf GTi, all others are dodgy. This comes from bitter experience!

Yep i have worked at a vw dealership and can agree, the w8 is nicely finished inside and makes a nice sound but dynamically, power wise and overall its beat by a 540i. and doesnt have the same sense of style B)