Sign in to follow this  
ecko_complex

E36 M3 Turbo

Sorry guys, I didn't wanna say it before I knew for sure... I lost the f'ing dyno sheets <_<. I do know it's running 280rwhp @ 5 psi, which is about a 50hp increase on what it came like new. It makes that power at 4500rpm and goes all the way to red-line (kinda dips off for a bit when the wastegate opens). The fuel curve is a bit off too. I'm going to get a proper ECU and injector setup after Christmas (money is a bit tight) so we can get the fuel curve perfect and get some real power out of it :). More to follow....

Edit:

Forgot to mention, it passed certification with flying colours :lol:

Edit 2:

A short and rather bad collection of videos of my car

Edited by ecko_complex

Good to see its all running sweet ...

maybe save the track racing / caining it till after ya get your fuel rail setup properly next year :) .. better be safe than sorry .. but nice work none the same dude! :)

congrats

Sorry guys, I didn't wanna say it before I knew for sure... I lost the f'ing dyno sheets <_<. I do know it's running 280rwhp @ 5 psi, which is about a 50hp increase on what it came like new. It makes that power at 4500rpm and goes all the way to red-line (kinda dips off for a bit when the wastegate opens). The fuel curve is a bit off too. I'm going to get a proper ECU and injector setup after Christmas (money is a bit tight) so we can get the fuel curve perfect and get some real power out of it :). More to follow....

Edit:

Forgot to mention, it passed certification with flying colours :lol:

Edit 2:

A short and rather bad collection of videos of my car

Man i'd love to do that but theres the little thing called lack of funds! I am however gonna save my pennys and hopefully import a supercharger kit from the states for my M3 in the near to later on down the track future???

Man i'd love to do that but theres the little thing called lack of funds! I am however gonna save my pennys and hopefully import a supercharger kit from the states for my M3 in the near to later on down the track future???

A supercharger would be 100x easier to do, I simply chose to go with a turbo setup because the possibilities are endless with how much power I can get out of it. I wont stop until I'm getting at least 500hp at the wheels :wacko:

A supercharger would be 100x easier to do, I simply chose to go with a turbo setup because the possibilities are endless with how much power I can get out of it. I wont stop until I'm getting at least 500hp at the wheels :wacko:

Haha well i wish you luck with that, i just thoght a supercharger would be as you say easier and also proberly more reliable than a turbocharger, not so much force on the engine, no bottom end strenghining needed etc etc.

Proberly the cheaper option as well???

I will help you with your power increasing by buying your fogs :D

I will help you with your power increasing by buying your fogs :D

Send me a PM with your offer :P.

Haha well i wish you luck with that, i just thoght a supercharger would be as you say easier and also proberly more reliable than a turbocharger, not so much force on the engine, no bottom end strenghining needed etc etc.

Proberly the cheaper option as well???

FYI a supercharger will put just as much stresses on the engine as a turbocharger, they are essentially the same thing, just one is turned by a belt and the other is turned by exhaust gasses.

You would still need to do the same things to your engine to run either system with the same manifold air pressure (essentially boost), the difference is having to do a belt system for the supercharger (which is reasonably easy) or making a manifold, downpipe and wastegate system for the turbo.

Everything else is pretty much the same such as intercooler, bypass valve, intake plumbing, fuel delivery and ecu etc.