Sign in to follow this  
Sammy J

!990 e30 325

Hi there i new to all this, i just bought myself a e30 325 with motorsport seats and steering wheel, springs, spoiler etc and it has the factory B.B.S.15"ALLOYS B.M.W.CROSS SPOKE mags. i was wondering if i cahnge the mags to a nice spoked 17inch wheel would it devalue it or would it be worth more with the factory rims.

Cheers

Welcome. Pics? I will buy your old 15" bbs wheels if you get the 17"s.

Haha, in other words, yes it will devalue your E30, and don't sell them too cheap, they are worth a bit.

It will only devalue it if it is a full msport car with LSD etc in original condition. If you plan on doing other mods, or it already has some, then keeping the weaves won't make much of a difference. If it were me, knowing the value of the weaves, store them, run your 17's and just put the weaves back on when you sell it down the line.

It will only devalue it if it is a full msport car with LSD etc in original condition. If you plan on doing other mods, or it already has some, then keeping the weaves won't make much of a difference. If it were me, knowing the value of the weaves, store them, run your 17's and just put the weaves back on when you sell it down the line.

Well it has the LSD and m sport springs and seats spoiler and steering wheel, it has koni shocks but besides that its stock, so how much are the weaves worth? i have seen them on tm for $800?

Thank you, um how do you load some on? i have too ask how much are you offering for them? it will be a while down the track as i need to get a bit of money under my belt. cheers

here is my car...

post-2328-1192435700_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1192435714_thumb.jpg

most e30's + most 17's = gay

yes true you are right, but i would like to think im not one of those trashy people im looking for a rim like the ones i have uploaded in this message, any help would be much appreciated

cheers

post-2328-1192435830_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1192435863_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1192435879_thumb.jpg

post-2328-1192435891_thumb.jpg

keep your originals and buy 17s cheap enough , nice 17s on e30s look good other wise with 15s you may just look stock an like most other e30s

just my 2c on it this could start a war !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hhahahahahahahaha

nice car by the way

Thank you, um how do you load some on? i have too ask how much are you offering for them? it will be a while down the track as i need to get a bit of money under my belt. cheers

here is my car...

Like the colour.

IMO, keep the 15's on it, and spend your money by dropping it 40mm with some good springs. Make sure you get the shocks adjusted to suit if they need it otherwise, if they have internal bump stops like the Bilsteins, you'll bottom out too early.

Edited by StylesM5

here is my car...

That's not a motorsport, but it is a tidy example, and may have had some of the msport options installed.

Reasons: 4-door, standard front kit, standard rear kit and spoiler, non-msport side skirts, looks like standard ride height.

If you were careful in your choice of wheel, you wouldn't devalue the car, but that would be hard in a 17" wheel as already stated.

Your car looks mint btw.

Edited by bravo

love the car! love the colour, and the wheels- just drop it a tiny bit is all.....

And hello guys- forgotten about SE spec?

Edited by Zeitgeist

That's not a motorsport, but it is a tidy example, and may have had some of the msport options installed.

Reasons: 4-door, standard front kit, standard rear kit and spoiler, non-msport side skirts, looks like standard ride height.

If you were careful in your choice of wheel, you wouldn't devalue the car, but that would be hard in a 17" wheel as already stated.

Your car looks mint btw.

I have heard of a few M325i's being sold new in NZ with motorsport body kit deleted on the option list. Not sure why someone would do this, make it look more subtle?

Keep the 15's

Edited by tastic

I have heard of a few M325i's being sold new in NZ with motorsport body kit deleted on the option list. Not sure why someone would do this, make it look more subtle?

Irrespective of kits, "official" M325i's were all two doors.

And please, no one start the debate about the "difference" between an M325i and a 325i with all the same options...

Irrespective of kits, "official" M325i's were all two doors.

And please, no one start the debate about the "difference" between an M325i and a 325i with all the same options...

[holds up hand] Please sir, what is the difference between an M325i and a 325i with all the options? :D lol Seriously, I am curious so will probably search at some point, but if someone would be so kind, bullet points will suffice!

By the way, the mags in the third picture on bottom left took first place easily for me- the M3's were overdone in my opinion, but the third one (it's in NZ isn't it?) just looks awesome... makes me want a 325!

Edited by Sick Puppy

[holds up hand] Please sir, what is the difference between an M325i and a 325i with all the options? :D lol Seriously, I am curious so will probably search at some point, but if someone would be so kind, bullet points will suffice!

By the way, the mags in the third picture on bottom left took first place easily for me- the M3's were overdone in my opinion, but the third one (it's in NZ isn't it?) just looks awesome... makes me want a 325!

M325 has black headliner.

THATS IT.co.uk done done done thats ya lot

I'm all for keeping the 15"s. But if you must have 17"s, get some with a little dish to them- Alloys with a main surface sitting flush with the rim of the wheel is a very 1990s/early 2000s thing, and just doesn't suit a 1980s BMW to me.

M325 has black headliner.

THATS IT.co.uk done done done thats ya lot

Unless it's Gus and my old one that Nick has now, in which case the headliner is black and it's a 4 door / non M!!

Unless it's Gus and my old one that Nick has now, in which case the headliner is black and it's a 4 door / non M!!

But only because of a can of spraypaint