Sign in to follow this  
djc2004

Hi there

Hi all,

I'm David and have recently bought an X5 4.4 after being BM-less for about 20 years. Previous cars were a '78 528i and an '84 323i. (along with 2 WRXes, a gen III calais, a turbo saab 93, and my toy: a '76 260z with a 350 Chev)

the X5 is a 2003 model with 45,000kms on the clock and so far so good. I live in Melbourne, having been transplanted by my NZ based employer about 25 years ago. (still a kiwi though)

My previous cars made a lasting impression and when my business could afford it I treated myself to a newish beemer.

The X5 gets used for business for a large chunk of the time with towing duties (boat) in my spare time. I'm thoroughly enjoying the driving and for a "SUV" it scoots around corners much quicker than it should! the engine note is great - nice and subtle but always there.

Recent trips include the yearly pilgrimage to Bathurst and was suprised to see 13l/100km on the way. The sat nav is good but not up to the 'stick on the windscreen' jobbies - I need to get the latest maps as I'm running version 6 and version 13 is now available - any tips on where to get a new disc?

Anyway, hi to all - love the site.

Welcome

You would be impressed with the X5 - a quantum leap over the Commodore and Saab!

260z with 350 chev!

Badass.

Welcome.

Welcome